Easy And Hardest Tents To Put Up.

net

Ok caravaners before you got ur caravans and motorhome do you remember having to put up your tents and if so what was the easy ones you did and what was your hardest tents. . For myself I`ve just brought Pro Action 4 Person 2 Room Tent from Argos cos i`m hoping to go to scotland this year but, I have had trouble trying to get this tent to go up its say it easy to put up with 2 pple. which it is`t

3408317A63UC134438M.jpg

Edited by net

If you thinks that bad you should see the other tyres. ..

I still camp regularly.

easiest tent to put up - probably those with the springy poles which you throw out of the bag, the pole springs up and the tent is up. Fun part trying to get it back into the bag? Next easiest is probably the Kyham range with the self assembly poles - just shake it and the tent is up.

However to get back to your specific tent. I am suspecting that it has fibre glass rods type poles and there are several of these. Firstly you need to ensure you are trying to put the right poles through the right slot. There may be some form of colour coding to help with this. It is also a good idea if you can peg out at least part of the tent to stop the fabric blowing away. Then you need to lay the tent out. It is then important to only ever PUSH the poles through the tubes in the material -otherwise they will spring apart. Push all the tubes loosely through with the tent on the ground. Then you need to bend the poles to start and put the tent up. Getting the other end of a pole into its fastener can be hard so you need to be quite firm with the pole. Once in peg that part of the tent even if only roughly and you move it later. If it your tent in the picture I would start with the 2 poles each side of the doorway, get them up and then put in and tension the two poles nearer the ends of the tent and ten peg out the ends to keep its shape.

If there are inner tents it is better to detach these, get the outer tent up and then fasten in any inner tents.

Once all the poles are tensioned it is then a question of peggging out all the guylines - aim for all of the tent to be under even tension without any large creases.

You can usually reposition the tent once the poles are in and set up, particularly if there is more than one of you.

Hope this helps - I am trying to do this thinking it through sat at at the PC. If it any consolation . I have camped for over 40 years in all types of tents and I still come to put some up and dread it !!! PM me if you need any more help.

Bailey Ranger 620/6 and Land Rover Discovery 3

My mother and I trying putting up Pro Action 4 Person 2 Room yesterday and you need someone in the middle of the tent it was going all fine until we couldn`t get the pin heads to stay in the holes and this was really annoying me so much I just gave up. ..

I do have another tent tent which I brpught from asda which I`m dont really want to use as I dont like it anymore. . so I`m thinking of brought another tent what a waste of money, if my older brother help me with my pro action tent that its`ll safe me some cash. ..

So otherwise I`ll give my tents to my niece and nephews who goes camping with the parents when they take the caravan away with them. .. :mellow:

Thats because they look at thing differant from us adults lol

The eaasiest to pitch are the foldable tents that are on the market now - give the tent a shake and its up! Dome tents are harder to pitch than ridge tents or A frames. frame tents are probably the hardest - working out where all the poles go.

I have erected marquees in minutes with one other person - they are standard ridge tents - just larger! This is about the same length of time for me to erect a satellite dome tent like you spoke of above.

A wee tip when erecting dome tents with the poles in sleeves in the canvas - put all the poles in the canvas whilst flat. Then put the pole ends in the stops and the tent will be semi erect.

this is starting to sound like sex instruction manual :o:lol:

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

Yea the poles I had for my tent we place into the poles in sleeves in the canvas which we did do then we had to hook up the double pins, which was the hard part of the poles cos just when you thought you had it the other end would spring back of :angry: So I gave up with this told my mom I`ve had enough. .