How To Level Twin Axle

cookie42

i've just bought a sprite quattro fb twin axle van . how are you supposed to level these ? can you use the jockey wheel front to back ? are planks of wood better than level ramps ?

also for those that have movers fitted to twins, are they worth it ? whats the turning circle like ? are the four motor ones a lot better than the two motors ?

many thanks, chris

i've just bought a sprite quattro fb twin axle van . how are you supposed to level these ?
can you use the jockey wheel front to back ?
Yes
are planks of wood better than level ramps ?
I personally prefer on long ramp
Also for those that have movers fitted to twins, are they worth it ? whats the turning circle like ?
The turning circle for a twin axle using a mover is greater than for a single axle. This is because a single axle can rotate about its centre line, whilst a twin has to turn in a series of very tight turns using back and forth movements
are the four motor ones a lot better than the two motors ?
I believe so, although I have no experience of this.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

So far as the movers are concerned, 4 is definately better than 2. There is a lot of shuffling around if you only have 2 movers, I originally had 2 on the front pair of wheels and they were running fairly close to their limit of operating capacity due to the weight of the 'van. I had 4 fitted in the latter half of last year and depending on the surface, can now turn the 'van very close within it own length. The limiting factor is the distortion on the tyres on the inside of the arc !! Best to turn, then straight, then turn, then straight but as I said, it does depend on the surface but the turning circle with 4 movers is far superior to just driving a pair of wheels.

Gerry

2005 Kia Sorento 2. 5 Auto towing 2011 Conqueror 645

Hi Chris.

I have just had the Powertouch 6 All Wheel Drive fitted to my twin axle caravan and I must say I am very impressed with it. Not cheap but well worth the outlay.

Regards Ken.

Ken.

Bailey Senator Wyoming pulled by Mitsubishi Shogun Sport.