Unlimited Wifi In Uk Only

Hello

We will be travelling all over the UK for some months and don't want to be limited to using sites that have wireless internet access. Does anyone know of any way round this? We would need unlimited access to the internet if at all possible. Have no idea how to tackle this!!

Thanks.

Edited by vanlea73

probably easier to get a usb dongle that is pay and go for the net, three mobile, voda and t mobile all do them, you can either get them paid up in advance for the year or just add money to them as and when you choose

I think Mobile Broadband is the way to go, although the biggest monthly user allowance I have seen is 5GB although I am sure you can but extra allowance. If you are indeed a very heavy user it might be worth thinking that you will not always get 3G speeds, if you are out in the countryside this could drop down to GPRS which is about the same speed as the old dial-up used to be. PAYG might be worth thinking about as oonce you had run out could could just add more.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Apple retail stores, Pret-a-Manger shops, many Costa coffee shops, Wetherspoons give free 30 minutes per drink order, Coffee republic etc etc. Depends how much you need to use your internet access and what for. One option is an iPhone - gives unlimited access anywhere you can get a signal - evening when a passenger in a vehicle!!!

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

I've just set up with a Vodafone 3G dongle - £15 buys 1GB (PAYG) and you only need to access min once every 90 days to retain your credit if, like me, you are likely to be a low-user.  As far as I can tell Vodafone appear to have the widest coverage in the UK, but if you are not staying on too many different sites you can check their coverage before signing up and decide which one will provide the best service for you.

If you are not familiar with dongles (and I wasn't until recently) then they are really easy to set up since the software you need is in the device.

Hope this helps.

Swift Challenger 565 2016 and Ford Kuga Titanium X TDCi

3 have a package: 15GB p/month for £15 p/ month

http://www. top10-broadband. co. uk/mobile_broadband/

Regards

NRF

I kept away from the monthly plans as I'm not a heavy user.  I also wanted it as a back-up for my office at home, and where I live there's no decent 3 coverage.

Swift Challenger 565 2016 and Ford Kuga Titanium X TDCi

• 2 weeks later...

I looked into this and found that vodaphone was the best for me. I only wanted pay as you go. all the other companies on pay as you go charge from the first use. I. E. You buy a month and its running from the first time you log on. Vodaphone you pay for what you use. I used mine during the week away in Wales just for emails and a bit of surfing. Cost Less that £1. I again used it over Easter on a site I couldn't get a signal on my O2 phone. I've still got £14+ on the dongle which costs £40 but has £15 credit.

Hope this all makes sense

Colin

Kia Sedona 2. 9TS CDI 2008/Swift Challenger 580 2009

• 2 weeks later...

I see that Prepaymania. co. uk have a special offer on the Vodafone payg dongle.

Reduced from £39. 00 to £33. 99.

I have been looking at the Vodafone payg for a while now, and might go for it now.

I am a light user, just for my laptop in the van while we are away to check emails etc.

Tim

I kept away from the monthly plans as I'm not a heavy user.  I also wanted it as a back-up for my office at home, and where I live there's no decent 3 coverage.

We signed up for 3. On £10 per month. Gives us 1000 emails and 10 hours surfing per month. Might not sound like much time but considering you cant get a connection unless you are sat under the mast :angry: it actually lasts quite a long time :D.

What ever you decide DON'T USE 3 <_<

LANDY DISCO TD5(2003)

ADRIA ADORA 532 UK(2005)

Guest John KS

O2 I-Phone might be your answer. £35 per month and unrestricted access to the internet either through W-Fi or Mobile Broadband. Seems to work anywhere since o2 and vodafone linked up.

Edited by John KS

Guest iancjc
I see that Prepaymania. co. uk have a special offer on the Vodafone payg dongle.

Reduced from £39. 00 to £33. 99.

I have been looking at the Vodafone payg for a while now, and might go for it now.

I am a light user, just for my laptop in the van while we are away to check emails etc.

Tim

thanks for that just ordered direct from vodafone for 39 quid - never heard of prepaymania so saving 6 quid wasn't worth the bother.

was going to buy an o2 one but this will work out better for me in the long run.

Edited by iancjc

Yep - just ordered a dongle for vodafone as well. Decided 3 was just not worth it and we need to keep on top of emails as often as poss being self employed. I can use the 3 credit left on it here for the kids on a spare laptop, as it works at our house which is unusual as the vodafone dongle won't.

The joys.

Sprite Quattro - Kia Sedona

2009-07-03 Deleted this as the link referred to, will soon cease to exist. Sorry. ..

Edited by theGR8Rgood

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum + Scatter more than you Gather + Festina Lente + More is Nog n Dag

Guest Tephi
I've just set up with a Vodafone 3G dongle - £15 buys 1GB (PAYG) and you only need to access min once every 90 days to retain your credit if, like me, you are likely to be a low-user.  As far as I can tell Vodafone appear to have the widest coverage in the UK, but if you are not staying on too many different sites you can check their coverage before signing up and decide which one will provide the best service for you.

If you are not familiar with dongles (and I wasn't until recently) then they are really easy to set up since the software you need is in the device.

Hope this helps.

I received mine this morning - easy to set up [does it for you] - highly recomended if you are a low user.

Steve

Does anyone know for sure what the coverage of these things is like when north of Inverness? Decidedly poor I'm led to believe.

I'm thinking Brora and Dunnet Head sites.

Bought the vodafone PAYG dongle 4 weeks ago with £15 credit used it at Loch Lommond / Bunree CC site / Isle of Skye & Edinburgh for checking emails and a bit of surfing web. Worked fine bit slower on skye but acceptable (better than old dial up ) got home and checked still have £13. 87 credit.

Dave

Got my vodafone from prepaymania yesterday, ordered it on tuesday.

I agree, very easy to set up and use.

Tim

Bought the vodafone PAYG dongle 4 weeks ago with £15 credit used it at Loch Lommond / Bunree CC site / Isle of Skye & Edinburgh for checking emails and a bit of surfing web. Worked fine bit slower on skye but acceptable (better than old dial up ) got home and checked still have £13. 87 credit.

Dave

Can i ask, were you able to internet bank? i ask as i am told you need 3g to do this and if you are not in or close to a city you only get 2g?

Hope you don't mind the question.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Can i ask, were you able to internet bank? i ask as i am told you need 3g to do this and if you are not in or close to a city you only get 2g?

Phil.

Phil

I have checked internet banking with 2 banks and 2 credit cards using my Vodafone dongle of GPRS which I think is what they call 2G with no problem, not fast but OK.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Areas with poor signal banking comes up with 'connection timed out' message. My 3G broadband doesn't even acknowledge if it gets a 2G signal.

As for coverage, I have used it in many places nowhere near a city and got 3G/HDSPA coverage without a problem. I have not had a situation where we haven't been able to to use it at all yet but last trip to North Yorkshire coast signal was hit and miss.

Phil.

Yes but gave up on Skye as so slow but ok everywhere else was ok.

Dave

Phil

I have checked internet banking with 2 banks and 2 credit cards using my Vodafone dongle of GPRS which I think is what they call 2G with no problem, not fast but OK.

David

Yes but gave up on Skye as so slow but ok everywhere else was ok.

Dave

Thank you both for your replys, my mind is now made up, off to the Vodafone shop in the morning.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, Can i ask if i could have vodaphone mobile internet if my internet provider is orange? not really clued up with all the internet stuff but do miss my laptop when away. Many thanks. Ellen.

Hymer Eriba Nova 541 2014