Difference Ctek Zafir 90 V Ctek 3600?

Hi I am thinking of getting a Ctek charger and was ready to buy a 3600 for around £50 but i noticed in costco a Ctek Zafir 90 for £35 inc vat. There doesn't seem to be a great deal between them. I have a 100A unnamed battery supplier battery. The charger is up to 90A but I doubt there will be a problem. Does anyone have any views?

Previous owner of Adria Altea 542DT 2010 with Ford Galaxy 2011 titanium x and powershift

Hi I am thinking of getting a Ctek charger and was ready to buy a 3600 for around £50 but i noticed in costco a Ctek Zafir 90 for £35 inc vat. There doesn't seem to be a great deal between them. I have a 100A unnamed battery supplier battery. The charger is up to 90A but I doubt there will be a problem. Does anyone have any views?

Spec off Ctek website

Model CTEK Zafir 90

Input voltage AC 170-260VAC, 50-60Hz

Output voltage Nominal: 12V

Efficiency 85%

Charging voltage 14. 4V/0. 5A, 14. 4V/3. 3A, 14. 7V/3. 3A

Charging current 3. 3A max

Back current drain* 1. 3mA

Ripple** max 50mV rms, 0. 13A

Ambient temperature -20°C to +50°C, output power is reduced automatically at higher temperatures.

Type of charger Four step, fully automatic switch mode with pulse maintenance.

Type of batteries 12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM and GEL)

Battery capacity 1. 0 -90Ah

Dimensions (L x W x H) 165x61x38mm

Insulation IP 65 (splash and dust proof), outdoor use

Weight 0. 5kg

Model Multi XS 3600

Efficiency 85%

Charging voltage 14. 4V/0. 8A, 14. 4V/3. 6A, 14. 7V/3. 6A

Charging current 3. 6A max

Ripple** Max 50mV rms, 0. 13A

Ambient temperature -20°C to +50°C, output power is reduced automatically at higher temperatures.

Type of charger Three step, fully automatic IoUoUp, switch mode with pulse maintenance.

Battery capacity 1. 2 -120Ah

Weight 0. 5kg

GPS

Spec off Ctek website

Model CTEK Zafir 90

Efficiency 85%

Charging voltage 14. 4V/0. 5A, 14. 4V/3. 3A, 14. 7V/3. 3A

Charging current 3. 3A max

Ripple** max 50mV rms, 0. 13A

Type of charger Four step, fully automatic switch mode with pulse maintenance.

Battery capacity 1. 0 -90Ah

Weight 0. 5kg

Model Multi XS 3600

Efficiency 85%

Charging voltage 14. 4V/0. 8A, 14. 4V/3. 6A, 14. 7V/3. 6A

Charging current 3. 6A max

Ripple** Max 50mV rms, 0. 13A

Type of charger Three step, fully automatic IoUoUp, switch mode with pulse maintenance.

Battery capacity 1. 2 -120Ah

Weight 0. 5kg

GPS

The Zaphir was replaced by the 3600 model some time ago. Where does this old stock come from?

It's interesting that the Zaphir is described as 4 stage charger and the 3600 a three stage as both work exactly the same way.

If you were to keep an eye on Lidl and/or Aldi's special offers, they regularly sell the identical charger for around £10 or £12 each. I have three of them and they work very well indeed. Identical as in - same case, same circuitry - just a different name on the case.

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

If you were to keep an eye on Lidl and/or Aldi's special offers, they regularly sell the identical charger for around £10 or £12 each. I have three of them and they work very well indeed. Identical as in - same case, same circuitry - just a different name on the case.

I've heard others agrue that the Aldi/Lidl ones aren't the same as CTEK. .... but at £12ish a pop I don't care. ... my 2 x 110Ahr batteries are functioning/charging perfectly with the Lidl version at 75% off the CTEK price!! :D

Harry - I can confirm that the Aldi/Lidl smart chager is NOT identical to the CTEK XS3600.

I have both a CTEL XS3600 and an Aldi charger so I can tell the difference - different case, different circuitry, different specification.

The Aldi/Lidl smart chargers are excellent value for money, £13 usually, and I recommend them - but it's no CTEK !

Harry - I can confirm that the Aldi/Lidl smart chager is NOT identical to the CTEK XS3600.

I have both a CTEL XS3600 and an Aldi charger so I can tell the difference - different case, different circuitry, different specification.

The Aldi/Lidl smart chargers are excellent value for money, £13 usually, and I recommend them - but it's no CTEK !

I think the OP meant Lidl and Aldi chargers are identical. Actually they are not. One is made by Medion and the other by Kompernass, both German companies.

I think the OP meant Lidl and Aldi chargers are identical. Actually they are not. One is made by Medion and the other by Kompernass, both German companies.

I meant the 3. 6amp chargers I have seen from CTEK + Lidl + Aldi - at least those I have seen, have been identical. I have never seen any marked with Medion as the manufacturer, though Aldi generally sell Medion electronics. I have compared cases, function and method of operation and found them to be same. As the cases are sealed, I made an assumption that the electronics inside were also the same. The only difference I could see was the name on the case and slightly poorer quality of the printed instructions. This was a couple of years ago though. I bought three, recommended them to several friends and I have never heard of any faults, problems or failures.

The last time I checked with Lidl they were selling a version which included both 12v and 6v output.

Bailey Pageant Monarch Series 5 2004

I'm baffled at a CTEK even looking the same as an Aldi/Lidl - my CTEK (made by CTEK, Sweden) and Aldi (made by Medion, Germany) are clearly different visually, the Aldi being deeper and heavier, and have different technical specifications, 3. 6A vs 3. 8A for instance.

Both my CTEK and Aldi have 6V and 12V outputs.