Car Shocker Enhancer Thingies????

julesmart

Hi Guys

When we put the van on the car the nose is looking down. We spoke to someone in the trade & they said that we needed enhancers on the back car springs. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea what these are!! but on mentioning to a friend they said dont bother cos they not good for normal driving. Sooooo do we get em 'n' put em on every time we take the van out or just leave it as it is, Thanks in advance for any welcome feed back.

Swift Challenger 560 (2007) with Reich Motor Mover & Ford Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium X TDCI (08 ) with Sports pack

A lovely Husband & 3 lively Yorkshire Terriers!!

Hi Guys

When we put the van on the car the nose is looking down. We spoke to someone in the trade & they said that we needed enhancers on the back car springs. NOOOOOOOOOOOOO idea what these are!! but on mentioning to a friend they said dont bother cos they not good for normal driving. Sooooo do we get em 'n' put em on every time we take the van out or just leave it as it is, Thanks in advance for any welcome feed back.

Hi. . We are in the exact same position as you! My other half has been looking into this for ages now and finally today we ordered a set from Graystons 'spring assistors' is the item you are looking for. ... unfortunately we needed the expensive ones, typical, not sure about Peugeot but have a look online even ebay seem to have them. ... With regards to 'normal driving' I don't thinks its a case that they are 'not good' it simply makes the 'driving experience firmer' and that came from a car mechanic. Good Luck :D

Edited by cheers

Ranger 540/6. .. Love it dearly!!!

Hi Guys

before you spend any money check your noseweight i think the 407 has a very low noseweight

hope this helps

bill

I ran 3 Peugeots on Graystons over 10 years, swapping from model to model as they 'sit' on the cones so just need the backend lifting and then put them in with care. .......I thought they affected the car, non-towing mode, very little apart from it did seem to increase the turning circle. .......

rgds

geoff

Edited by shipbroker

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

For the last few generations of Peugeots and Renaults they have sagged without exceeding the nose weight limits. Some come with very light nose weight limits as well

Check your nose weight first and if OK try some Graystons spring assisters. They can make the back end a little firm solo and unbalance the handling a little.

75kg on the towbar of my Mondeo compresses the rear suspension by around one to one and a half inches.

This picture was taken fully loaded, van very slightly nose down, should be what you are after with the 407.

carvanlayby.jpg

Cheers

Lee

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.

Hi Guys

Hi julessmart.

Personally I would install progressive rate springs but if cost is a factor fit spring assisters.

To make sure you purchase the correct kit for your vehicle measure the distance between the spring coils. This can be checked by jacking the car up by the body until the wheel is clear off the ground, and measuring the distance between coils approximately in the centre of the spring.

Cost: about £9. 00 from Towsure.

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.