Help With Sagging Bed

NeilB

We have an 2008 Elddis Supersirocco with a fixed bed which is starting to sag with slats falling out as the wooden slats have no central support. I have seen a picture of a Lunar bed in raised position in Caravan Clubs Mag April 2009 page 63 which shows a metal centre strut which mine does not have- I wonder should it? The van is still under warranty but I am not sure if this is a fault to be rectified by the dealer or simply a bad design issue. Any help or advice from anyone would be greatly appreciated

If the slats are falling out then this clearly needs work done under warranty. Even if it is supposed to have no central strut, the fact that the slats fall out is enough to go back to the dealer.

Many manufacturers have had problems with sagging mattresses - not just Explorer. I think it is because mattresses are supposed to be turned but in van they often cant due to the cut out section.

My advice is get the dealer to sort out the slats and replace the mattress at the same time. Any refusals on his part should be backed up with a complaint letter and a phone call to TS.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5