Tyre Pressure

kolaboss

hi can anyone advise what tyre pressue i should run. . the hand book says check the hand book but i guess they missed it out i can't find it. .. i've got a abbey county stafford 5 berth 1230 kg fully loaded. . the tyre reads max pressure 65psi should i run at this pressure. . i've set them at 60 psi. . any help cheers

kolaboss

KOLABOSS

It's usually on a plate/sticker somewhere on the van. Our Burgundy runs at 42psi, I checked the tyres this am before they go back on the van next week ready for the week after Easter!

Formally 'MagentaMan'... with Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 5 seat Auto 2011/Lunar 530 2013 with mover.

60psi sounds very high - our 1370kg caravan needs 51psi

Good luck

Ken

Lunar Quasar 525 & Vauxhall Zafira 1. 9d (150)

Also on the side wall of the tyre should be a maximum load corresponding to the maximum pressure. With your caravan at full load you will have 615kg on each tyre. So if the tyre states, for example, 650kg, your pressure should be 65 x 615/650 = 61psi. You obviously need to put your own figures in.

Alternatively, the link below gives tyre pressures for a range of different tyre sizes and loads

http://www. tyresafe. org/data/files/caravan%2008. pdf

Brian

hi i've checked the tyres and they read 165r13c 94/92 630kg max 65psi and 670kg max 65psi so roughly guessing with my weight max 615 kg each (max in van at 1230 kg ) i think 60 psi is not to far wrong. . :huh:

KOLABOSS

hi i've checked the tyres and they read 165r13c 94/92 630kg max 65psi and 670kg max 65psi so roughly guessing with my weight max 615 kg each (max in van at 1230 kg ) i think 60 psi is not to far wrong. . :huh:

Yes not far out. If you look in the table in the link in my previous post for 165R13C it gives 57psi for an axle load of 1207kg (603. 5 per tyre). I always pump them up 1-2psi more than recommended to allow for a bit of drop with time.

Brian

There's a sticky on Caravan Chat with a simple formula, where you just input the details and it does the calculation for you.

Swift Challenger 565 2016 and Ford Kuga Titanium X TDCi