Misty Window

alexandjen

Cleaned the van today, noticed that one of the side windows immediately misted up on the inside as soon as I got it wet.

Van was purchased new in 2007.

Does this mean some sort of seal has gone?

Would this still be covered under the warranty?

TIA, John

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

Moisture between the panes of plastic is a common event.

Look carefully and you'll see some plastic plugs between the panes.

Removing the plugs on a nice day when the window is in full sun and further heating the window with a hair dryer for 10 to 15 minutes should drive most of the moisture out.

Scales

Moisture between the panes of plastic is a common event.

Look carefully and you'll see some plastic plugs between the panes.

Removing the plugs on a nice day when the window is in full sun and further heating the window with a hair dryer for 10 to 15 minutes should drive most of the moisture out.

Scales

Thanks for the swift reply.

I've not noticed the plugs to be honest, will have a look, do they just push in?

Bailey Ranger 510/4

Hi,

All of our 'vans, apart from the first which had glass windows, have suffered from this to differing degrees. Apparently it's quite normal as the windows are not sealed. I washed our 2009 'van yesterday and one window started to steam up but the condensation soon disappeared. I really wouldn't worry at all,

regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

You need a knife or strong finger nails to remove the plugs. They just push back in. Choose a dry sunny day to remove them and leave them out as long as possible. Its quite a common occurrence

Brian

Hi,

All of our 'vans, apart from the first which had glass windows, have suffered from this to differing degrees. Apparently it's quite normal as the windows are not sealed. I washed our 2009 'van yesterday and one window started to steam up but the condensation soon disappeared. I really wouldn't worry at all,

regards,

Ian.

Thanks Ian, yes actually the condensation disappeared after a while, thanks for putting my mind at rest, John

Bailey Ranger 510/4

You need a knife or strong finger nails to remove the plugs. They just push back in. Choose a dry sunny day to remove them and leave them out as long as possible. Its quite a common occurrence

Brian

Thanks Brian, if it persists then I'll do as you suggested, if we get any more dry sunny days that is :lol:

Bailey Ranger 510/4

In June last year we thought that our then 13 month old Ranger had condensation in the front window. It turned out that it was almost full of water. There are no drain plugs in this window (don't know about the smaller windows) Our dealer drilled a couple of small holes in the base to allow the water to escape. There was a crack in the window at the top. The dealer seemed unable to clarify the warranty position with degree of urgency or effectiveness. However one quick and easy call to Bailey resolved the problem - a replacement was fitted free of charge. It appears this may be a common problem.

Hope this helps