Irish Ferries

ange08

:angry:

We booked with Irish Ferries to sail Rosslare to Cherbourg in August last Saturday, and paid 25% deposit approx £200. On Thursday we realised that we wouldn't be able to go, so phoned and cancelled the booking - so they had the booking for 5 days. Based on the Terms and Conditions they retained the £200 on a non refundable deposit.

I know that they were the terms I agreed to - but I was furious. They only had the booking for 5 days, and the holiday wasn't for another 4 1/2 months, and £200 is big money for us to lose. The annoying thing is that they don't offer a flexi type fare, like Stena Line and P&O. The other two offer a 100% refund up to a certain time before the sailing, where Irish Ferries take an automatic 25% not matter what, and 100% from 40 days to the sailing. I did try to appeal the charges, but just the T&C quoted to me again.

So basically the point of this thread is to rant, and to suggest to those who may travel Irish Ferries to perhaps try another provider who offer 100% refunds incase you can't make your booking.

Angela

:angry:

We booked with Irish Ferries to sail Rosslare to Cherbourg in August last Saturday, and paid 25% deposit approx £200. On Thursday we realised that we wouldn't be able to go, so phoned and cancelled the booking - so they had the booking for 5 days. Based on the Terms and Conditions they retained the £200 on a non refundable deposit.

I know that they were the terms I agreed to - but I was furious. They only had the booking for 5 days, and the holiday wasn't for another 4 1/2 months, and £200 is big money for us to lose. The annoying thing is that they don't offer a flexi type fare, like Stena Line and P&O. The other two offer a 100% refund up to a certain time before the sailing, where Irish Ferries take an automatic 25% not matter what, and 100% from 40 days to the sailing. I did try to appeal the charges, but just the T&C quoted to me again.

So basically the point of this thread is to rant, and to suggest to those who may travel Irish Ferries to perhaps try another provider who offer 100% refunds incase you can't make your booking.

Angela

I know its little comfort but we really feel for you. £200 isn't small change by any means. :(

Pete & Julie.

Home is where you park it.

£200 is a lot of money to lose. But if that is their T &Cs, then it's tough luck. I have been stuffed by Easy Jet before, cost me £45 because I got the date wrong. Felt like a twit, and to make it worse the snotty cow at the call centre was rude to me, then had the cheek to say, 'Have a nice day'

Regards
Ian