Avondale Malvern

LadyBarbara

Apart from my Avondale Malvern 1997 6 berth, I have never seen any other Avondale Malvern mentioned on this forum.

Either they are superb caravans with no probs (mine has been so far - touch wood) or I am the only Caravan Talk member who owns one.

Is there another Malvern owner out there? :)

Hi,

When it was first launched in 1989, having four separate single bunks at the rear made the Malvern a very popular 6-berth family caravan. With the door placed forward of the axle, the only fault I’m aware of is a creasing of the body panel due to stress immediately over the entrance on some early models. Yours is from the last year of production as the model was dropped in the autumn of 1997 with the introduction of the “New Leda” range, so I would not expect to see this fault on yours. The high backs to the rear seats put some people off, but the number of years in production confirm its overall appeal.

I trust it will continue to give you reliable service.

ATB,

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.