Purpleline Hitch Drive

garymaule

guys

i jumped in and bought myself a purpleline hitch drive because i had just purchased a swift conquerer 23ft caravan which is stored on a farm and on a slope and i would need a few people to push the caravan out with me so when i read up about these i thought great that will help me

bought one from ebay in as new condition for £115 and tried it and it got stuck in the ground chips and when i kept turning the lever that turns the wheels back and forth the tyre never moved but the inner grey circle plastic bit of the wheel was turning and what i learned at a cost was that it was destroying the inner tubing and valve

had to order 2 new inside tubings for this and then going to sell it . .............i've heard motor movers are good but thy cost too uch so for me its getting a helping hand to put it back into storage and take it back out as the hitch drive was honestly not upto much for me

Gary

guys

i jumped in and bought myself a purpleline hitch drive because i had just purchased a swift conquerer 23ft caravan which is stored on a farm and on a slope and i would need a few people to push the caravan out with me so when i read up about these i thought great that will help me

bought one from ebay in as new condition for £115 and tried it and it got stuck in the ground chips and when i kept turning the lever that turns the wheels back and forth the tyre never moved but the inner grey circle plastic bit of the wheel was turning and what i learned at a cost was that it was destroying the inner tubing and valve

had to order 2 new inside tubings for this and then going to sell it . .............i've heard motor movers are good but thy cost too uch so for me its getting a helping hand to put it back into storage and take it back out as the hitch drive was honestly not upto much for me

Gary

How Do Gary

From what you say, the Motor mover sounds just what you want, but if you are on a farm, and it is muddy I wonder how it will cope !

they are expensive (compaired with the hitch drive) but I have found mine very usefull, but I was aposed to getting one, as I used to

have (and still have) a towbar on the front of the car, but where the caravan is stored the road is very steep and not very wide so the

mover is great.

you will of course need a good battery 110Ah (recomended) and some suggest a pnumatic jocky wheel as they are better on soft ground.

Don't know if they still do them, but Powrwheel used to do reconditioned units at about 1/2 price with only three year warranty instead of

five

Hope that as been some help.

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

The cheapest option is to learn how to reverse properly. I am not being cheeky with this statement, just factual. Failing that a mover is the best option - 2nd hand ones normally come up on Ebay that dont cost too much. If your approach is straight and there is an anchor point, have you thought about a winch? Hand operated or electric would both do the same job.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

The cheapest option is to learn how to reverse properly. I am not being cheeky with this statement, just factual. Failing that a mover is the best option - 2nd hand ones normally come up on Ebay that dont cost too much. If your approach is straight and there is an anchor point, have you thought about a winch? Hand operated or electric would both do the same job.

Regards

Lee

the winch you suggested Lee sounds cheap and ideal for me . ...........how would you use one with a car. .......sorry what i mean is where would the winch get fitted to the car

any more info on 12v winches would be appreciated when anyone has the time

thanks guys

Gary

the winch you suggested Lee sounds cheap and ideal for me . ...........how would you use one with a car. .......sorry what i mean is where would the winch get fitted to the car

any more info on 12v winches would be appreciated when anyone has the time

thanks guys

Gary

some of the 12V winches available for 4x4s are more expensive than a motor mover. You could get a simple one that is hand cranked and attach it to your towbar. Try ebay for ideas.

Regards

Lee

Please note that my opinions stated are those of an enthusiast not an expert and humble at that

2006 Hyundai Sante Fe towing a Coachman Vision 580/5

• 2 weeks later...