Caravan Door Lock

garymaule

hello guys

i'm new to caravaning and recently purchased a used caravan and i can't open the door to the cassette toilet to empty it the lock turns but will not open i've noticed that is has what looks like plastic hinges

can i tap these out or drill them out and put new plastic hinges in or would it be peramently damaged

i'm scared to try and lever it the door with a screwdriver incase i do more damage and finally is a replacement lock hard to come by

model swift conquerer 560

guys i also have a problem with the main caravan door lock that its a struggle to open it and were scared that the key is going to snap in this

i would like to purchase a replacement lock but don't know where to look for one

any help appreciated

thanks

gary

hello guys

i'm new to caravaning and recently purchased a used caravan and i can't open the door to the cassette toilet to empty it the lock turns but will not open i've noticed that is has what looks like plastic hinges

can i tap these out or drill them out and put new plastic hinges in or would it be peramently damaged

i'm scared to try and lever it the door with a screwdriver incase i do more damage and finally is a replacement lock hard to come by

model swift conquerer 560

guys i also have a problem with the main caravan door lock that its a struggle to open it and were scared that the key is going to snap in this

i would like to purchase a replacement lock but don't know where to look for one

any help appreciated

thanks

gary

Hi Gary,

I know Steve is on the case, but is there not a button you press to open the casseette door ?

and the main door, it poss wants just stripping down and lubricating, but don't put grease or

oil in the barrel (just a lock cleaner)

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

if i know what year it is i can tell weather or not you can knock the hinge pins out on the bog ooopps toilet door

guys thanks for your replies the help is appreciated

i've only been on the forum half an hour and the help and replies is excellent thankyou

its a 1996 swift conquerer twin axle

guys the button jams and gets stuck in. ......i've got a small thin screw driver and popped the button back out but alas the door still won't open

thanks for your replies

Gary

yes you can knock out the hinge pins, if i remember right the problem your having is down to a corroded 'O' ring jamming the push . you'll need to strip the locck out and remove the broken rubber bits that have perished

yes you can knock out the hinge pins, if i remember right the problem your having is down to a corroded 'O' ring jamming the push . you'll need to strip the locck out and remove the broken rubber bits that have perished

tradetech

thanks for the reply

one last question please

once i drill out the plastic hinge pins where would i obtain replacements from and would i also replace the corroded o ring

thanks bud for your help

Gary