I Read Somewhere About More Caravans Being Checked For Weight!

princejim

I read on the forums somewhere about the police stopping and checking more caravans to see if they are overweight! And someone suggested that you should carry a piece of paper with details like max train weight, MTPM and when the officer inquires if you know these particulars, the consensus was if you knew they seldom checked saving a considerable amount of time. So I decided to make a list then laminate it, credit card size and leave in the car, see below and if you think of anything else add a comment. It's in table form on the card.

Overall Height (inc. TV Aerial) 2. 70m 8' 10''

Overall Length 6. 68m 21' 11''

Mass in Running Order (inc. tolerance) 1,101kg 21. 7cwt

Essential Habitation Equipment Payload 68kg 1. 3cwt

Personal Effects Payload 138kg 2. 7cwt

MTPM 1,335kg 26. 3cwt

Gross Train weight: car+caravan 3680kg

kerb weight: car 1635kg

Jim.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

Hi Jim.

Just a quick one, One thing you have forgotten to do is ask if you can do the same for every one else on the site lol.

I think what you have done is a great idea. .

BMW X5 3. 0sd m sport twin turbo. Fleetwood Heritage ES6 (2009) Best car ever owned subaru impreza wr1

I do have the details in the car. .. on a scrap of paper. Will have to get my 9 year old to do some laminating for me.

Great idea.

Cruzer, aka Colin

Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional. .. Hyundai Santa Fe & Bailey Pegeant Bretagne.

I do have the details in the car. .. on a scrap of paper. Will have to get my 9 year old to do some laminating for me.

Great idea.

Let me have your info and I will print and laminate for no you, problems just pay for materials.

Jim.

Edited by princejim

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

I have a sticker on my sunvisor with this sort of information.

I included the car width incl mirrors and height (its a wide/tall 4x4), and tyre pressures for car and van

We were pulled over in France last week and each axle was weighed, car and caravan. I did want to ask what the weight was but as he decided to forego looking at my documents we just left as quickly as possible.

Air Traveller

"the only way to travel"