Caravan Club Online Bookings

StuBob

Is anyone else having problems with the CC site?

Apparently all my bookings have gone and I can't make any more - the webpage crashes when I try . ...

I suspect the website has gone belly up again ?

Sorry - just seen same topic on another forum - Ignore me !!!!

Edited by sybil

"its not the space in your Caravan, it's the space your Caravan is in, that counts"

Is anyone else having problems with the CC site?

Apparently all my bookings have gone and I can't make any more - the webpage crashes when I try . ...

I suspect the website has gone belly up again ?

Sorry - just seen same topic on another forum - Ignore me !!!!

Hi Stuart,

It's not possible to book online either. Mind they did warn us that there may be problems,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

They were there last night because I lengthened our main Summer break.

Now it says I have no bookings

Hope they get it sorted by the time we go away on Thursday

Paul

Just checked my bookings for Pembrey and Brynich, both have disappeared. Luckily I've still got my email confirmations. I've just sent the booking site an email requesting confirmation that they are both still booked. Will let you know if I get a reply.

Regards, Mikey :blink:

Edited by spursboy61

I've rang to check our bookings and they're still there. I'm told the system will be up and running by tomorrow.

I'll taking a print of the email confirmation and ringing again before I set off just in case

Hi,

I've just received an email, from Natasha, at the CC and they are having problems but there's no need to worry as the bookings are still 'live' (my words I am paraphrasing 'cos I'm no good at cutting and pasting :D ) and as a previous poster has said tomorrow lunchtime is when we should all be happy bunnies.

I'm impressed by the swift reply and it's obvious that they're working over the weekend to resolve the problem,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi,

I've just received an email, from Natasha, at the CC and they are having problems but there's no need to worry as the bookings are still 'live' (my words I am paraphrasing 'cos I'm no good at cutting and pasting :D ) and as a previous poster has said tomorrow lunchtime is when we should all be happy bunnies.

I'm impressed by the swift reply and it's obvious that they're working over the weekend to resolve the problem,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi again,

Jacki has beaten me around the head and told me how to copy and paste so here's the email from the CC

Thank you for your email.

We are currently experiencing some technical difficulties with our back end systems which means we are unable to take bookings or display them. We are working to resolve the situation and I have been informed by the development team that this should be resolved around lunchtime tomorrow. Any bookings that you have made will still be booked just not visible until tomorrow

I am aware this is not good service and are as disappointed about this situation as you are but I can assure you we are doing our utmost to get the situation resolved as quickly as possible.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused

Regards

Natasha Macdonald

Head of E-Commerce

Just tried to book and get this message

Technical error

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties which means we are unable take UK site bookings on the website or to display your bookings online until 11am on Monday 6th April. Please do not call the site or contact centre as they are extremely busy and the website will be functioning correctly shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience caused

I dont suppose you can book by phoning the site as they use the same computer

Brian

Just tried to book and get this message

Technical error

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties which means we are unable take UK site bookings on the website or to display your bookings online until 11am on Monday 6th April. Please do not call the site or contact centre as they are extremely busy and the website will be functioning correctly shortly. Apologies for any inconvenience caused

I dont suppose you can book by phoning the site as they use the same computer

Brian

Hi Brian,

We were warned to expect difficulties and, though it is a nuisance, maybe we will see the benfit in the longer term,

regards,

Ian.

Hi Brian,

We were warned to expect difficulties and, though it is a nuisance, maybe we will see the benfit in the longer term,

regards,

Ian.

I think they should change their computer/software suppliers. We had the same problems when they first introduced computerised booking. In principle, its no different from the software that many hotels chains use without apparent problems.

Brian

Guest John KS

Graham

Ring the site of your choice. I bet you will get in. Which one are you trying to get to?

Edited by John KS

Graham

Ring the site of your choice. I bet you will get in. Which one are you trying to get to?

Thank,s I will ring when I decide which site, I was just browsing to check availability, we like to go for at least a week at a time but according to CC web site most weekends booked up for the season.

Last year we were not able to use CC sites due to non availability, we ended using commercial sites. I now wonder why I am paying for membership and not able to book a site!

I would like to make a booking but no vacancies, down to the booking system of not taking a deposit.

I am not renewing my membership and will try the C&CC.

Graham

There are some sites in the network that would be fully booked regardless of whether a deposit was required, especially for weekends and school holidays as is true of some CC&C sites no doubt.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

I would like to make a booking but no vacancies, down to the booking system of not taking a deposit.

I am not renewing my membership and will try the C&CC.

Not down to no deposits just down to the popularity of the sites and the large number of CC members. There are 15 sites on the network that have vacancies over easter (all three nights ), some of them with quite a large number which to me is quite amazing, 121 sites that have vacancies for the weekend after (all three nights ), and 141 sites that have vacancies for the weekend after that (all three nights ). It ddoes not look like there is a problem to me.

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

Not down to no deposits just down to the popularity of the sites and the large number of CC members. There are 15 sites on the network that have vacancies over easter (all three nights ), some of them with quite a large number which to me is quite amazing, 121 sites that have vacancies for the weekend after (all three nights ), and 141 sites that have vacancies for the weekend after that (all three nights ). It ddoes not look like there is a problem to me.

Maybe not, but if you look where the sites are that have vacancies, they are the ones furthest away from large areas of the population, which is fine for a long break but for a short break like Easter, people dont want to travel too far. Site availability in the Midlands and North is always a problem.

However I have just booked a site today in the future which also covers a weekend without problem and the CC computer seems to be working OK. They now ask you for your car registration number which was not required before. Don't know why they need that.

Brian

Maybe not, but if you look where the sites are that have vacancies, they are the ones furthest away from large areas of the population, which is fine for a long break but for a short break like Easter, people dont want to travel too far. Site availability in the Midlands and North is always a problem.

However I have just booked a site today in the future which also covers a weekend without problem and the CC computer seems to be working OK. They now ask you for your car registration number which was not required before. Don't know why they need that. Brian

Brian

Maybe its because no one can remember their reg number when they get to Reception ;)

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

However I have just booked a site today in the future which also covers a weekend without problem and the CC computer seems to be working OK. They now ask you for your car registration number which was not required before. Don't know why they need that.

Brian

Hi Brian,

They are also asking for a 'phone number for their records. I was talking to a Warden last week and she told me that the new system will be far superior to the old system as far as Wardens are concerned.

Maybe glitches such as the bookings disappearing may be worth tolerating in the long term,

Regards,

Ian.

Ian,

My phone number was not requested when I booked. My car reg, however, now appears on the confirmation print out.

Brian

Guest Tephi
Ian,

My phone number was not requested when I booked. My car reg, however, now appears on the confirmation print out.

Brian

OK but what happens if you change tow vehicle between booking and turning up?

Steve

OK but what happens if you change tow vehicle between booking and turning up?

Steve

I can't see them turning you away and I just wonder why they need it. As David says its maybe because some cannot remember when they go to reception to book in.

Brian