Just Like To Know What You All Think

Hi all, just something thats dawned on me, how many people in here buy bottled water rather than drink the water supplied at the sites they vist? I work for the environmental agency, there's a good reason for asking.

Just curious, bare with me

Stuart & Lisa

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on site we always use water out of aqua roll, which is filtered, by onboard filter, and then put through one of those standalone "brittas" filter jugs

never buy water

on site we always use water out of aqua roll, which is filtered, by onboard filter,  and then put through one of those standalone "brittas" filter jugs

never buy water

14571[/snapback]

thanks for the reply, once i've got enough interest ill e-mail you with some detials why im so interested, nothing to fear, LOL . thanks again

Stuart & Lisa

Drinking water in our caravan is tripled filtered and chilled.

There's an inline filter immediately after the pressure switch which filters ALL water whether going to hot or cold system. There's a second inline filter in the kitchen cold supply. Both inline filters are Filtapac Econoflow. The replaceable filter pack lasts a whole year, not just 30 days use like the old Crystal filters. Drinking water then goes through a small filter jug which is kept in the fridge.

Given that I wouldn't want to wash in water that hasn't been filtered, I don't see the point in buying water in bottles.

I always use botttled water for drinking, coffee etc. A couple of years back I suffered a very gippy stomach, now I'm not saying it was the water but I'm not taking any chances. My caravaning lifestyle is probably very different to the majority, I use mine as a hotel. I work away all week so domestic water lies in either the on board tank or the aquaroll, 40 litre lasts me a week and I don't use any water over the weekend.

Phil

Bottled water has been running through underground streams for years and years

How come, When we buy it in bottles

It has a shelf life/use by date

My local water company, South Staffs, has recently decided to sell our local water in bottles, straight from the mains supply. Apparently it's selling well so how daft are some people?

This question has done the rounds before on CT1.

I consider it is a marketng ploy that has got everyone buying bottled water.

14580[/snapback]

I NOTICE THAT A FEW POSTS HAVE COMMENTS SAYING THAT "THIS SUBJECT DID ITS ROUNDS IN CT1"WELL NOT ALL MEMEBERS OF CT2 WERE PART OF CT1, I CAME ACROSS A POST ON T&T WITH A LINK TO CT2 THATS HOW I FOUND MY WAY HERE. SO ALTHOUGH A SUBJECT MAY APPEAR BORING ETC TO OLD MEMBERS OF CT1 SOME OF THE NEW MEMBERS MIGHT FIND IT INTERESTING.

IN ANSWER TO WOWASITES'S QUESTION . .NO WE DONT USE BOTTLED WATER UNLESS ON HOLIDAY IN ENGLAND OR ABROAD.

This question has done the rounds before on CT1.

I consider it is a marketng ploy that has got everyone buying bottled water.

14580[/snapback]

Hi < If you feel the need to discuss your comment further then please reply, i'll even give you my phone number, your being a rather cynical, don't you think?

I have NOTHING to do with selling bottled water WHAT SO EVER SIR, and quite frankly i took offence to your reply.

Stuart.

What is it you sell yourself?

I NOTICE THAT A FEW POSTS HAVE COMMENTS SAYING THAT "THIS SUBJECT DID ITS ROUNDS IN CT1"WELL NOT ALL MEMEBERS OF CT2 WERE PART OF CT1, I CAME ACROSS A POST ON T&T WITH A LINK TO CT2 THATS HOW I FOUND MY WAY HERE. SO ALTHOUGH A SUBJECT MAY APPEAR BORING ETC TO OLD MEMBERS OF CT1 SOME OF THE NEW MEMBERS MIGHT FIND IT INTERESTING.

IN ANSWER TO WOWASITES'S QUESTION . .NO WE DONT USE BOTTLED WATER UNLESS ON HOLIDAY IN ENGLAND OR ABROAD.

14611[/snapback]

Thank you for your reply

Hi < If you feel the need to discuss your comment further then please reply, i'll even give you my phone number, your being a rather cynical, don't you think?

I have NOTHING to do with selling bottled water WHAT SO EVER SIR, and quite frankly i took offence to your reply.

Stuart.

14614[/snapback]

Don't get on your high horse, matey. If you don't like the answers you may get, don't ask the question. I'm allowed an opinion and I still believe that the sale of bottled water is a marketing ploy, pandering to the fears of the general public about what is a perfectly safe tap supply. No I don't think I'm particularly cynical.

If you took offence at my reply, then I feel sorry for you. If you take offence at this, then report it to the moderating team, easy.

Don't get on your high horse, matey.   If you don't like the answers you may get, don't ask the question.   I'm allowed an opinion and I still believe that the sale of bottled water is a marketing ploy, pandering to the fears of the general public about what is a perfectly safe tap supply.   No I don't think I'm particularly cynical.

If you took offence at my reply, then I feel sorry for you.   If you take offence at this, then report it to the moderating team, easy.

14617[/snapback]

Crossed wires come to mind, you didn't make yourself clear in your reply earlier or i took it the wrong way, what ever.

I thought you were having a dig at me matey, hence the reason for my earlier posting, im a big boy and can take it on the chin, im a good conversationalist and would like to think I handle myself with dignity. :P LOL

Stuart

Apology Given And Accepted :)

NAVARAC HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME SAYING THIS, BUT THE GUY ONLY ASKED A QUESTION, I HAVE READ YOUR POSTS AND NOTICE A LOT ARE OF A VERY NEGATIVE NATURE, IAM SORRY BUT I GET THE FEELING THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE MEMBERS THAT COULD START A FIGHT IN AN EMPTY HOUSE. . :(

Crossed wires come to mind, you didn't make yourself clear in your reply earlier or i took it the wrong way, what ever.

I thought you were having a dig at me matey, hence the reason for my earlier posting, im a big boy and can take it on the chin, im a good conversationalist and would like to think I handle myself with dignity. :P  LOL

Stuart

Apology Given And Accepted :)

14620[/snapback]

No digs made to anyone. That's the problem with cold black & white text.

To give a straight answer:

We don't use bottled water as we consider the tap supply of a better quality.

Regards

Bottled water has been running through underground streams for years and years

How come, When we buy it in bottles

It has a shelf life/use by date

14600[/snapback]

the reason it has a shelf life is the plastic bottle breaks down Chemically, just thought you ought to know this

Thanks for your reply

Stuart

We drink bottled water when we go awy but not at home. I dont know what it is but we always have a strange chemical / plastic aftertaste with the mains water in the van. Tried a britta filter jug but this didnt help so gave up. With 2 litres for 35p thats 12 litres of drinking water for the cost of a pint! More than enough for the 3 of us for a long weekend. No aftertaste, no risk of upset tummies, and, if we are out somewhere for the day it means we've got lots of water in the boot of the car to drink.

Regards

David, Callum and Connor (NRF)

No digs made to anyone. That's the problem with cold black & white text.

To give a straight answer:

We don't use bottled water as we consider the tap supply of a better quality.

Regards

14623[/snapback]

Nice to have met you.

Regards

Stuart :)

NAVARAC HOPE YOU DONT MIND ME SAYING THIS, BUT THE GUY ONLY ASKED A QUESTION, I HAVE READ  YOUR POSTS AND NOTICE A LOT ARE OF A VERY NEGATIVE NATURE, IAM SORRY BUT I GET THE FEELING THAT YOU ARE ONE OF THOSE MEMBERS THAT COULD START A FIGHT IN AN EMPTY HOUSE. . :(

14622[/snapback]

And I only answered it. ..........................

Stuart.

14614[/snapback]

Hi Stuart

With respect, your original posting does seem to surgest a hidden agenda which made me for one hesitant to reply.

Please enlighten us as to what working for the EA has to do with bottld water :)

I look forward to your reply

Regards

Peter

Hi just to say i have always used tap water run through a filter jug for drinking, the same practice i use at home. bottled water is for those who want it and not for those who don't.

Dave

Just to add my reasons as per my previous post

We both love our cups of tea, and one thing we have found from our travels around the country is how different water tastes in other areas, now whether this is due to additives (chlorine etc) or water hardness/softness, I have no idea, one thing I do know though, we use a jug water filter at home, and we also have one in our caravan, and no matter where we are, when we make a brew, it tastes "right" to us, thats why we use one, the difference is noticeable even if we have a brew at a neighbours house who doesnt use a filter

At first we wondered whether it was a psycological thing, but, I made wife two brews in different cups at the same time, one with filtered and the other with straight tap water, she tasted them together, now she didnt know which was which, but she prefered the filtered one, she then did the same for me, and I chose the filtered one as my preference, thats why we now use filters

I wouldn't buy bottled water unless a good reason for doing so. On sites we fill a seperate tapped container which we sit outside the van on a plastic table. When we want a cuppa or squash etc thats where we get the drinking water.

By bypassing the vans main supply ie the aquaroll, we guarentee we'll catch no nasties from pipes that have held lingering water for how ever many weeks/ months.

btw in response to the original poster, they did have the courtesy to ask bear with them so perhaps a bit early to "be having a go"