Going To The Forest Holidays Beddgelert Caravan Park

Going to the Forest Holidays Beddgelert Caravan Park this sunday for a few days, is it worth taking the satilite dish? I know it's in the middle of a large wooded area, but if someone has been there may be some parts of the park where you can get some reception, I am taking the caravan. Any info on this site would be appriciated. Thanks Jim.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

Kahlil Gibran

• 2 weeks later...
Go and enjoy yourselves up there. You won't need a TV in such lovely country. Leave it behind!!!!!

Blimey Jon Ive just read your comment and repeted it to the wife I cannot reply to what she said If I forgot the telly then I would have to talk to her all night. life in our carravan would not be the same without the soaps :rolleyes::D

towing with Mitsubishi delica and Elddis Avante Club 524 2008

I started out with nothing and Ive still got some of it left

Guest John KS
Blimey Jon Ive just read your comment and repeted it to the wife I cannot reply to what she said If I forgot the telly then I would have to talk to her all night. life in our carravan would not be the same without the soaps :rolleyes::D

They are the reason we leave the TV behind!!!!!!!!!!!!

Was a smashing site when the Forestry Commission ran it . . not so sure now that Camping Club has got hold of it . .

Doubt if there is any Terrestrial TV there (We don't take a TV caravanning) . . Satellite is probably necessary . .

Also, the peace is now disturbed with the Welsh Highland Railway running through it

Have a good time anyway

Edited by Taid

Going to the Forest Holidays Beddgelert Caravan Park this sunday for a few days, is it worth taking the satilite dish? I know it's in the middle of a large wooded area, but if someone has been there may be some parts of the park where you can get some reception, I am taking the caravan. Any info on this site would be appriciated. Thanks Jim.

I can only tell you of my experience at that site and it was horrendous. You have no chance at all of TV if you are in the forest area.

When you arrive you will be told to go and find a pitch then tell them which number you have taken.

Some cars could not pull the caravan up the slopes and had to get assistance from 4 x 4 owners.

I can honestly say I will not go there again.

Just remember. ..One man's medicine is another man's poison.

post-30765-1241118032_thumb.jpg

post-30765-1241118112_thumb.jpg

Tugging a Bailey Senator Vermont Millennium

With a 1999 Vauxhall Frontera Diesel 2. 2 Automatic

• 2 weeks later...

Took a ride out to there some weeks ago as we were thinking of going. It's not densly wooded mostly silver birch. We did see a couple of caravans with satelite dishes outside. As for the Welsh Highland Railway it's only a narrow guage railway not a mainline track into Waterloo station.

Agri