Motorhome Water Pump

henryford

Hello to all members of Caravan Talk. I have just aquired my first motorhome and Im already stumped ! When I switch on my water pump it runs continuously even with all the taps closed. It pumps water but will not shut off. Am I missing something. ..It is a Compass Avantgarde 400 unit circa 2003.

Thanks

Sorry can't help but as a newby myself welcome. It's a good site with many knowledgeable peeps about and lots to interest all.

In a recent survey it was found that 1 in 3 politicians are as bent as the other two. One Of Cols CT NinjasNinja.gif

hi henry n welcom to the site. I am not familier with your van but in general the pump is controlled either by a pressure switch usually found close to the pump which has an adjusment,or by micro switches fitted to the taps,if one is faulty the pump will keep running

check your manuals,they should tell you which you have

sorry not to be able to help further

I expect that the pump fitted to the motorhome has an inbuilt pressure switch on the end of the pump.

If it has, there is a small screw which adjusts the pressure, you could try adjusting this, but I guess the switch has just packed up and a new pump is required, unless there is a replacement switch available.

Make of pump would be helpful.

Is this the same as your motor home Here

If so then the tap should look like this one

13585_in_front_201120081130511216174.jpg

In which case you'll see a blue/red plastic insert on the top, pop this out and undo the screw, you can then lift the top of the tap off, you will then be able to see a micro-switch, check that its working which I have a feeling it's not at the moment.

Hope that helps.

I expect that the pump fitted to the motorhome has an inbuilt pressure switch on the end of the pump.

If it has, there is a small screw which adjusts the pressure, you could try adjusting this, but I guess the switch has just packed up and a new pump is required, unless there is a replacement switch available.

Make of pump would be helpful.

Thanks for the reply. The pump ia a Reich, twin self venting 12 V 19l/min 1. 4 bar & there is no obvious screw for adjustment. I have looked at the pump on line and it does not appear to have a pressure switch included.