Series 5 Bailey

PAGEANT

Can anyone tell me how they drain off there water from the toilet header tank without it running straight into the tray below. A small quantity is ok but not half a tank. The old tanks used to have a drain tube which was also used as a level indicator.:huh:

Hi

I find it easy if you just flush till the water stops comming through and then empty the final bit from outside into a container.

Can't think of any other way!!

Brian

Hi

I find it easy if you just flush till the water stops comming through and then empty the final bit from outside into a container.

Can't think of any other way!!

Brian

14539[/snapback]

Cheers mate why didnt i think of that. Modern technology hey :huh:

As Brian says, drain most of it into the cassette. Then use a small length of plastic drain pipe to direct the remaing contents outside the compartment.

14577[/snapback]

I agree with the first post on this subject. Like others, my previous caravan had a sight glass on the end of a flexible plastic pipe - not only could you see the level, but draining down was simplicity itself. I think the 'new' method on my current 'van is definitely a retrograde step, for both reasons. I find the loss of the sight glass to be particularly irritating. The price of 'progress'?! How come a simple and effective method, fitted in my case to a 'van made 14 years ago, is no longer available?

I feel a note to Thetford coming on. ...........

. .................Then use a small length of plastic drain pipe to direct the remaing contents outside the compartment.

14577[/snapback]

We use an old plastic funnel that lives with the chemicals.

We use an old plastic funnel that lives with the chemicals.

14938[/snapback]

I'm looking at the other option, To be in it more often so you dont need to empty on a regular basis.

Thanks for your coments. :blink:

Can anyone tell me how they drain off there water from the toilet header  tank without it running straight into the tray below. A small quantity is ok but not half a tank. The old tanks used to have a drain tube which was also used as a level indicator.:huh:

14529[/snapback]

I use a hose compressor to squash the drain tube shut, then remove it and place tube into an old pink chem bottle. Then remove clamp and hey presto flush chem & water is reclaimed for future use and no spillage (don't believe in wasting it).

Si.