Baileys Laying Off Staff?

Scales

It wouldn't surprise me even given the increased popularity of caravanning. Caravans are a luxury not a necessity, so buying a new one is not a priority.

Well thats my view anyway ;)

Regards
Ian

Well according to the press they had record sales at the NEC so I doubt it.

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

Baileys recorded a 10% increase in Sales in January I think - I would be surprised if they were cutting back . ...

"its not the space in your Caravan, it's the space your Caravan is in, that counts"

Plus there are buying adjoining land to expand.

However, there may be some redundancies as even the most successful firms are cutting out "dead wood" at these difficult times.

Are they building using "Dead wood" now !!! :blink::D

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Are they building using "Dead wood" now !!! :blink::D

I hope so, can you imagine all the compost and fertiliser you'd have to carry around let alone all the daily watering :D:D

Heard a whisper the other day that Baileys have been laying off staff.

I haven't been able to find anything to verify it though.

Scales

I have heard that like another posting Bailey have bought more land, yes they did lay off some temporary staff coming up to Christmas.

What I have also heard is that they are having a better year than last year as sales so far this year are exceeding last years.

Hi,

If I worked for Bailey, and read the posts on this topic, I may have worried slightly. Do we really need to speculate on people's jobs? I do know of two Bailey employees who contribute to this Forum so they may make a contribution if there's any truth in this,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I hope they don't have to lay off staff, but in current climate there are very few companies that are not looking to make savings, are there ?

Regards
Ian

I hope they don't have to lay off staff, but in current climate there are very few companies that are not looking to make savings, are there ?

Hi Ian,

There are companies who are continually trying to save money by reducing staff but the difference is that in the boom years the unions would fight whereas in the current climate management will point to the current financial situation and the unions have to like it or lump it. I speak from both a management perspective and a union perspective. ....both perspectives are really compatible if there's the will,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

I remember at the start of all this when Swift Caravans

-- acted very quickly and downsized -within days

-- even removing a couple of major brands. .

-- there was a lot of anx about it all

-- but in the end the companies have to protect the long term future of the company. .

-- so that jobs will be there when times get better. .

I dont think it is all over just yet --

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club