Cc Booking V Cruise

Alan J

Option 1 - tried for some time now to be able to book a week or more over Easter period and just cannot get a "joined up" ten days (gave up) :angry:

Option 2 - today booked last minute 14 day cruise on Ventura for excellent price leaving Southampton tomorrow 8 countries around the Western Med - very easy to book. :rolleyes:

Option 3 - stay at home. ;)

Hard choice but decided on Option 2 and leave the caravan tucked up at home!! It was a very tough decision :D

After 25 years in the Royal Navy never thought I would go "back to sea" but worth a try maybe the food will be better :lol:

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

Did I not read there were problems with the Ventura, might be worth a Google? It was something about lots of workmen onboard.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Did I not read there were problems with the Ventura, might be worth a Google? It was something about lots of workmen onboard.

David

Thanks David - the last cruise had more than their share of young vandals apparently. My sister works at the Southampton Terminal and has also been on Ventura a couple of times and therefore given me the inside track on how to get the best out of the cruise.

Mind you for £25pppn full board it beats B&B's and you get warm weather and the Western Med thrown in for nothing!

Will probably only do the Barcellona & Rome trips to get the most out of it. The rest more than happy to relax in the spa & gym or just take walk around the local area in the other six ports (been to all the others in the "Grey Funnel Line" anyway!

Enjoy you trip to Italy.

Alan J

Bailey Pageant S6 Bordeaux Tow Car BMW X5 3. 0D

We went on Ventura in November and it was absolutely STUNNING!!! We had a fantastic time. I love caravanning but given a choice between our van and Ventura there's only one winner and it's not the van!!!

Have a lovely time, try the White Room. When we were on, if you booked for 6. 30 it only cost 1/2 price and it was worth every penny. The best meal I've had anywhere without a doubt.

Ann

Hi Alan

I'm with you on this one and agree you have made the best choice, we have been on several cruises but never as cheap as that how did you get it so inexpensive? Enjoy yourself.

Vaughan

Hi Alan

I'm with you on this one and agree you have made the best choice, we have been on several cruises but never as cheap as that how did you get it so inexpensive? Enjoy yourself.

Vaughan

I'm hoping Alan's going to spill the beans when he gets back as to where he booked this super, super bargain cruise. We've been on a few but never at that price!!!

Ann

We went on Ventura in November and it was absolutely STUNNING!!! We had a fantastic time. I love caravanning but given a choice between our van and Ventura there's only one winner and it's not the van!!!

Have a lovely time, try the White Room. When we were on, if you booked for 6. 30 it only cost 1/2 price and it was worth every penny. The best meal I've had anywhere without a doubt.

Ann

Hi Ann

So you pay extra for food on a cruise? And it must be expensive if you have to go that early for an evening meal?

neil

Bailey S5 Pageant Auvergne & Vauxhall Signum CDTI

Hi Ann

So you pay extra for food on a cruise? And it must be expensive if you have to go that early for an evening meal?

neil

Most cruise ships have a special super delux resturant for that extra special night out which you have to pay for, other than that on most ships you can eat yourself to death, all included in the cruise price. alcohol is not included though.

Edited by TD 42

Hi Ann

neil

This is the "Extra Special" restaurant - which is run by Marco Pierre White. Most cruises have a speciality chef doing a restaurant nowadays.

The food is always included in the cruise price, but in the premium restaurants you have to pay a supplement. When we were on it was £25 per person extra, but if you went early it was oly £12. 50. However, it was well worth the extra, we would have paid the full premium price it was so good. Going at 6. 30 just means you can take your time over your meal, it was 9. 30 before we'd finished!!! Couldn't cope eating much later than that!!

HTH

Ann

Most cruise ships have a special super delux resturant for that extra special night out which you have to pay for, other than that on most ships you can eat yourself to death, all included in the cruise price. alcohol is not included though.

Spot on !! Not to put too fine a point on it though, most of the people taking advantage of the 24 hour round the clock eating is usually the older end of the passenger list. Think they must starve themselves for the rest of the year, then fill up on the cruise!!

However, some cruise ships do have an "all inclusive" package available. If you book early on Thomsons, it's usually included (depending on which cruise you do), or you have the option to buy it for a fixed price.

Ann