Alko Red Dampers

bofus

I have just fitted some dampers to my 2008 Ace Jubilee. According to the measurements I took and the instructions, the dampers would need to be mounted in the forward hole. Being a sad git I nosed underneath a couple of Swift and Bailey vans today, and noticed that all the manufacturers were using the middle hole.

So which is the correct hole?

cheers

Gav

I have just fitted some dampers to my 2008 Ace Jubilee. According to the measurements I took and the instructions, the dampers would need to be mounted in the forward hole. Being a sad git I nosed underneath a couple of Swift and Bailey vans today, and noticed that all the manufacturers were using the middle hole.

So which is the correct hole?

cheers

Gav

Hi.

Just fitted some red dampers to my Bailey.

The middle hole seems to be the norm.

Cheers.

T.

Edited by tommytruck

HI. ITSME.

I did the measurements as per the instructions and reckoned the front hole was the right one. I have now spoken to Al-Ko technical today - they say Red Dampers go to the front hole - but all manufacturers use the middle hole regardless!

Gav

I did the measurements as per the instructions and reckoned the front hole was the right one. I have now spoken to Al-Ko technical today - they say Red Dampers go to the front hole - but all manufacturers use the middle hole regardless!

Gav

I fitted my new dampers last week and I too reckoned that the 265mm took me to the 3rd hole away from the axle so thats where mine is fitted.

I presume that by Front hole you mean the one nearest the towing end ?

Edited by sybil

"its not the space in your Caravan, it's the space your Caravan is in, that counts"