Dartford Crossing

bigbilly

I used to use the Dartford crossing a lot and got used to the fact that the queues at the pay booths were directly proportionate to the 'weight' of the traffic.

I did a journey to Kent Tuesday and was pleasantly surprised how empty the roads, A11, A25 and A2, were. It was a real pleasure.

I was really surprised when I got to the Dartford bridge to find at least half a mile tailback in every lane. I returned yesterday with an even bigger tailback at the tunnel. What's going on ??

This is the first time I have been through since the price increase and the only thing I could think of was that the auto machines were taking longer to check 2 coins compared to the previous one. Surely this is not the problem !! Hate to think what it will be like when the roads are busy !!

Must be the time of day as there is always at least a half mile queue to get over the bridge or through the tunnel.

Jeff

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask and was English :lol:

Oooooh !! And I didn't even mention the French !

Perhaps the coin machines have to convert from Euros.

Bill

Oooooh !! And I didn't even mention the French !

Perhaps the coin machines have to convert from Euros.

Bill

You know us Norfolk boi's don't like change, especially if it's foriegn. :lol::lol:

Ace Firestar hiding behind Jeep Cherokee Sport

I'm not depressed,the world is just happier than me.

I'm probably telling you something you already know, but a Dart Tag (free to obtain) is a little quicker than coins, and cheaper too.  If more people used them then the delays would be shorter.  Of course, the tunnel should be free now, but somehow I can't see it ever happening.

Swift Challenger 565 2016 and Ford Kuga Titanium X TDCi

If the government had opened it up once paid for as they said they would, it would save millions of pounds in lost time and money.

Jeff