Disabled Concessions

basilfawlty

I saw a post from a guy regarding looking for sites suitable for his son who has aspergers syndrome some days ago. I have looked for it (honest) can't find it but anyway I don't know if he is aware and as a newby I may be teaching the proverbial grandmother how to suck eggs but is he and others aware that if their children if disabled (even when they reach the age of majority) are entitled to camp for free when accompanied at C&CC sites (application yearly to the director general) or with C. C. sites manager once applied for holds good for duration of membership. Of course proof of disability must be provided.

I have found that some wardens are not aware of this but can fault none for their help.

Full marks to both clubs for their thoughtfullness.

In a recent survey it was found that 1 in 3 politicians are as bent as the other two. One Of Cols CT NinjasNinja.gif

I is he and others aware that if their children if disabled (even when they reach the age of majority) are entitled to camp for free when accompanied at C&CC sites (application yearly to the director general) or with C. C. sites manager once applied for holds good for duration of membership.

Hi,

OT. ....but I believe anybody who is registered disabled will get an interview when applying for a Civil Service job. Or maybe its just that they are guaranteed an interview if applying for promotion to an advertised job, once they are in the Civil Service.

Maybe somebody here can clarify?

Guest Surfer
I is he and others aware that if their children if disabled (even when they reach the age of majority) are entitled to camp for free when accompanied at C&CC sites (application yearly to the director general) or with C. C. sites manager once applied for holds good for duration of membership.

Hi,

OT. ....but I believe anybody who is registered disabled will get an interview when applying for a Civil Service job. Or maybe its just that they are guaranteed an interview if applying for promotion to an advertised job, once they are in the Civil Service.

Maybe somebody here can clarify?

Correct you are guaranteed an interview which is why I apply for some to hone my interview skills for a private sector job I really want.

This term registered disabled all ways appears strange to me as I am disabled and I supose I'm registered but I'd be hard pressed to show you my name on that register because I'm not sure who actualy has that register.

What happens if I get a concession depends on the company that is issuing that concession they ask for my Blue Badge or proof of a benifit that I'm entilted to, I've never been ask for proof of being "Registered Disabled" if I was I wouldn't know where to get it from.

So who does hold this register so I can check if I'm on it :)

I saw a post from a guy regarding looking for sites suitable for his son who has asperger's syndrome some days ago. I have looked for it (honest) can't find it but anyway I don't know if he is aware and as a newby I may be teaching the proverbial grandmother how to suck eggs but is he and others aware that if their children if disabled (even when they reach the age of majority) are entitled to camp for free when accompanied at C&CC sites (application yearly to the director general) or with C. C. sites manager once applied for holds good for duration of membership. Of course proof of disability must be provided.

I have found that some wardens are not aware of this but can fault none for their help.

Full marks to both clubs for their thoughtfulness.

Hello Basil.

I,m the guy who's son has Asperger's syndrome. Thank you for your concern and to let you know I was not aware of the the rule about disabled children .

We are all very exited and looking forward to our first rally in Penrith with the Durham centre (Easter weekend)

Thanks again Basil

and happy holidays to all :D:D

Alec

Hello Basil.

I,m the guy who's son has Asperger's syndrome. Thank you for your concern and to let you know I was not aware of the the rule about disabled children .

We are all very exited and looking forward to our first rally in Penrith with the Durham centre (Easter weekend)

Thanks again Basil

and happy holidays to all :D:D

Alec

Have a good easter :D :D

In a recent survey it was found that 1 in 3 politicians are as bent as the other two. One Of Cols CT NinjasNinja.gif

Guest Surfer
This term registered disabled all ways appears strange to me as I am disabled and I supose I'm registered but I'd be hard pressed to show you my name on that register because I'm not sure who actualy has that register.

What happens if I get a concession depends on the company that is issuing that concession they ask for my Blue Badge or proof of a benifit that I'm entilted to, I've never been ask for proof of being "Registered Disabled" if I was I wouldn't know where to get it from.

So who does hold this register so I can check if I'm on it :)

There is no such register. There used to be a register but it has been done away with and replaced with council manged systems, i. e. you phone the council and they send you a card showing that you are disabled which then allows a few council benefits but I am not sure what these are as they were unable to tell me.

There is no such register. There used to be a register but it has been done away with and replaced with council manged systems, i. e. you phone the council and they send you a card showing that you are disabled which then allows a few council benefits but I am not sure what these are as they were unable to tell me.

Hi,

So thats how they know that 25% of population of Neath is disabled.

If you are in receipt of severe disablement grant, you also get across the Severn Bridge for free, even if you are just a passenger. Or in my case. ..if you are driving a recovery truck rescuing my S2. Also get car tax for free. Get an orange badge (or is it blue) get easy parking too.

Try asking your PO for WHAT BENEFIT, a litle pocket size book, tells you all that are available, and what forms you need.

If you need all the above, I'd be glad to see you get them. I get upset at those that don't need them abusing the system.

Hi,

So thats how they know that 25% of population of Neath is disabled.

If you are in receipt of severe disablement grant, you also get across the Severn Bridge for free, even if you are just a passenger. Or in my case. ..if you are driving a recovery truck rescuing my S2. Also get car tax for free. Get an orange badge (or is it blue) get easy parking too.

Try asking your PO for WHAT BENEFIT, a litle pocket size book, tells you all that are available, and what forms you need.

If you need all the above, I'd be glad to see you get them. I get upset at those that don't need them abusing the system.

For anyone who uses the M6 on a regular basis the M6 toll road offer free passage to nominated vehicle (and trailer) you can see the terms and conditions on their website. There is a one off fee of £15. Fortunately this is not open to abuse they do check that the eligible person is in the vehicle and from what I remember the person must be in receipt of the higher rate of the disability component. Dartford crossing also allow concessions again their website has all the details. :)

It's all confusing as there are so many different levels - Blue Badge only - Disability Living Allowance (3 different rates for care needs and 2 for mobility) - the concessions do vary from place to place.

Anyone under 60 who gets a Blue Badge is also entitled to a free Bus Pass but they don't tell you!

It's all confusing as there are so many different levels - Blue Badge only - Disability Living Allowance (3 different rates for care needs and 2 for mobility) - the concessions do vary from place to place.

Anyone under 60 who gets a Blue Badge is also entitled to a free Bus Pass but they don't tell you!

Yes I sent for the bus pass details and forms and although I did qualify the hurdles I had to go through for the few times I'd use one it was not worth it, which is perhaps why they do it that way. :rolleyes:

Edited by Elm6

I saw a post from a guy regarding looking for sites suitable for his son who has aspergers syndrome some days ago. I have looked for it (honest) can't find it but anyway I don't know if he is aware and as a newby I may be teaching the proverbial grandmother how to suck eggs but is he and others aware that if their children if disabled (even when they reach the age of majority) are entitled to camp for free when accompanied at C&CC sites (application yearly to the director general) or with C. C. sites manager once applied for holds good for duration of membership. Of course proof of disability must be provided.

Full marks to both clubs for their thoughtfullness.

Hi,

I would be interested to know where you got your information from regarding free fees for registered disabled within the Caravan Club. My partner, who's Son is autistic phoned the club recently and they said that there is NO concessions of any kind for any category of disabled persons.

Regards

Nidge

BMW X5 Sport, Shogun 3. 2 Elegance, Hymer Nova 570 GL

Hi,

I would be interested to know where you got your information from regarding free fees for registered disabled within the Caravan Club. My partner, who's Son is autistic phoned the club recently and they said that there is NO concessions of any kind for any category of disabled persons.

Regards

Nidge

Hi I can only suggest you ring the C. C. club H. Q. and ask to speak to the sites co-ordinator. Rosie (surname at this moment escapes me) . I am off in the van for a fortnight will confirm her surname when I come back. I do know there are concessions perhaps it is not broadcast too widely though can't think why as it can only enhance the reputation of any club.

Guest Surfer

I never knew that as I was never told. Seems like a lot of benefits are a big secret.