Caravan Club Cl's Durham Area

Hi we are looking to find cl's in the Durham area to use for short hops at weekends.

We are not fussed about EHU . We live in Chester-le-street so can any one recommend cl's or any other cheep sites in our area we would be grateful.

Thanks

Al

Cl's are only for Caravan Club members. So if you are members then the ones in your area will be listed in the handbook. I'm originally from Co. Durham ( wife lived at Lumley) and am all to aware that the area between the Tyne and Tees rivers is sadly lacking in cl's. Sad really because Durham is a nice county.

From the map I have your nearset one is Langley park or Durham rowing club but that is a very short hop from where you live. Further afield are Consett, Middleton-in-Teesdale and for the coastal area theres only one near Hartlepool. I stayed on one many years ago in Hett village, south of Durham, just off the A167. Nothing much to rave about but it's in a nice quiet village with a pub where I spent my courting days with my wife. Happy days.

harryb

The site listed under Baxter wood farm iin the Durham section of the CC book was our favourite place to stop when my son was at the University, we have not been since 1996 but we are going again in September. It is just a very plain field with a tap for water, a chemical emptying point and dustbins but it is a very pleasant spot.

Edited by Bill Lord

Bill

Growing old is compulsory, growing up is not.

The one at Hett was nice and peaceful. ....not been there for years though. ..

cheers

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Baxter Wood is very nice, and not too far out. The one at Hartlepool is nothing to write home about, and I think £10 is very steep for what was on offer last time we were there. The rowing Club can be noisy and I don't like the long narrow lane driving in. Hett had 2 lovely donkeys last time we looked in, admittedly quite a while ago now.

Sadly the area is really lacking in good CL's, and doesn't have that many commercial sites either.

2003 Autotrail 635SE Mercedes Sprinter, 2011 Hyundai i10

'Life is too short to stuff a mushroom.'

There's a CL or CS (can't remember exactly which one) at Toft Hill just outside Bishop Auckland.

The opinions posted in this forum are not necessarily those of the author, they may have been influenced by the voices in my head.