Cc In Bed With Highways Agency

seeyoujimmy

Note from page11 of latest CC mag.

'Club and Highways Agency forge new alliance'

Hope this doesn't mean they (CC) get too big for their boots and start influencing the way this corrupt government formulates policy.

Whatever next? A mandatory 85% towing limit? Testing to see if you're a competent driver with caravan?

Don't laugh. The Royal Yachting Acc already has things sewn up with who can do this and that on the water, and they do all the testing at the behest of HMG.

RYA used to be an honourable club. Now they're just a moneymaking quango for Gordon.

And there must be many others I haven't heard of. :o

The CC has always been a lobby group influencing government policy - now whether they're effective and whether their own commercial interests outweigh the interests of members could be debated.

I theory the NCC is an even bigger lobby group, representing manufacturers and site operators (that's the CC and C&CC's justification for membership of NCC, not representing it's members).

Whatever next? A mandatory 85% towing limit? Testing to see if you're a competent driver with caravan? I doubt it, harmonisation of EC driver licencing is a pre-requisite of pan-European driving licences and the UK Towing Code is the only reference to 85%. The Netherlands used to have an even lower % recommendation although it approximated to ours as it used the actual laden weights for the calculation - they dropped that to fall in line with the rest of the EC except the UK who use 100%.