Powrwheel Triumph Again

Alan

Tempus fugit and I was starting to have major problems engaging my two movers. To begin with I put it down to age (don't tell everyone Shiba!).

Contacted the company and Peter, the engineer came to see me. "Seems a bit dry", he said, and applied a good helping of grease to the four slides, spraying with WD40 to get the grease to move into the gaps. "You should do this twice a year", he said.

I engaged the drivers and felt twenty years younger.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Regards,

Alan

Senator Wyoming and Grand Cherokee 3. 0 CRD Overland

Tempus fugit and I was starting to have major problems engaging my two movers. To begin with I put it down to age (don't tell everyone Shiba!).

Contacted the company and Peter, the engineer came to see me. "Seems a bit dry", he said, and applied a good helping of grease to the four slides, spraying with WD40 to get the grease to move into the gaps. "You should do this twice a year", he said.

I engaged the drivers and felt twenty years younger.

Thanks to everyone involved.

Interesting, when you say "slides" do you mean where the cross actuation bar pass through the framework or the cam part close to where you lever the mover into position?

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

Aah! If you look sideways at the unit, he put his greased fingers over the two ends, one at a time, and smeared the grease on; sorry I can't be more specific, you obviously know the technical terms. Once greased and WD40'd he actuated the engagement/disengagement several times "to get the grease into the slides".

I'm sorry if that doesn't help but it is the best that I can do.

He also said that it should be done twice a year.

A bit more info: there is a white spray-on grease used for boat trailers etc. , Peter said that that worked very well and should be obtainable from places like Halfords.

I hope that all this helps.

Regards,

Alan

Ooops! I forgot. Peter said that the movers must be engaged before greasing.

Regards,

Alan