Fixed Beds

Pancake

Hi.

I had a 1988 Bessacar 550 GLD with fixed rear bed?

As RogerL has said they have been around a long time.

Cheers.

T.

HI. ITSME.

Its more of a case of how much we have to save up but I don't really want to spend more than 7/8K

We have a '96 Abbey Warwick at the moment so would want something ideally 2000 or newer, the van is around 17ft (20ft total) & would want something at least that length no smaller,

We really like the Swift challengers & the Abbey GTS we have seen out on sites looks nice aswell

Someone has mentioned taking a look at the baileys but we haven't come accross many of those in South essex (Used)

Loose carpets would be nice but I haven't seen any of those in the swifts before 2005, but if we get on with removing the carpets in the warwick we may just do the same in another van

We tow with a Nissan Xtrail 2. 0 diesel (sept 08) which I believe off the top of my head has a kerbweight of 1625kg & we have around 6yrs worth of towing experience so could go a little over the 85% advice

What a brilliant site

I never realised that there were so many layouts with fixed beds :huh:

Thanks

We have a 2002 Sterling Eccles Onyx off-side FB. This has loose lay carpets. The 2003 model onwards is 300mm longer than ours and so has longer front seats. We are very pleased with ours - especially the sliding shelves twixt the kitchen and bedroom. This was deleted from 2004 but other upgrades were made.

All of the mid-range Swift Group of this layout are similar (Abbey Vogue, Swift Challenger, Ace Award?), differing only in the wood finish and soft furnishings - so there's lots of choice.

For your budget, you should be able to pick up a 2004 to 2006.

Hope this helps.

Mike