Switching From Butane To Propane

b6x

Hi all.

Apologies about asking, as I'm sure it's been covered a ton of times before, however the search function has just "returned an error".

My caravan noseweight is currently around the 85kgs mark, and seeing as the gauge only goes up to 90kgs, I'm assuming thats not good. Therefore, I am having a think about how to get that lower. The obvious choice is to take out the two butane bottles in the front locker and replace with the two calor lite bottles I have in the garage.

My caravan is a circa 2003 Compass. Am I correct in assuming that I can easily switch over to the propane lite bottles by simply changing the regulator? i. e. no intervention required on the fridge etc?

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by b6x

towcar #1: Vauxhall Vectra 1. 9 CDTi 150

towcar #2: Honda CR-V 2. 2 CDTi

caravan: Compass Corona 475

Sorry, probably should have mentioned that the regulator is currently one that plugs directly into the gas bottle.

towcar #1: Vauxhall Vectra 1. 9 CDTi 150

towcar #2: Honda CR-V 2. 2 CDTi

caravan: Compass Corona 475

Sorry, probably should have mentioned that the regulator is currently one that plugs directly into the gas bottle.

that is fine just change the regulator then. you should be ok.

Hi all.

Apologies about asking, as I'm sure it's been covered a ton of times before, however the search function has just "returned an error".

My caravan noseweight is currently around the 85kgs mark, and seeing as the gauge only goes up to 90kgs, I'm assuming thats not good. Therefore, I am having a think about how to get that lower. The obvious choice is to take out the two butane bottles in the front locker and replace with the two calor lite bottles I have in the garage.

My caravan is a circa 2003 Compass. Am I correct in assuming that I can easily switch over to the propane lite bottles by simply changing the regulator? i. e. no intervention required on the fridge etc?

Many thanks in advance.

The nosweight is dependant on your car 85 kg is not excessive providing your car can take it The recommendation for noseweight is 7% of mtplm but most saloon cars are only allowed 75kg so you allways go for the lower fig 4x4' usually have a higher allowance

The alko hitch has a max allowance of 100kg

If you have a bottle top regulator the yes you only need to change to a propane reg if the reg is fitted in the van you need to change the pigtail

Edited by TD 42