Universal Remote Control For Motor Movers

NewRangerFamily

A friend in the electronics industry who knows a lot about infra red remote controls suggested something to me and I had to try it. Unbelievably it works. If you have lost your remote control for your Powrtouch or Reich Motor Mover, or its stopped working you can use a standard Sky or Sky + remote. If you key in 3665 followed by the "help" button you can operate your motor mover using the up and down and side to side controls on the Sky remote.

I've no idea how this works but I've just been moving my van up and down my driveway. It will be useful to know this if I ever lose the mover remote.

Regards

NRF

I've been doing something similar with my Truma remote - I control it using my laptop's infra red port.

You need to download a piece of software called Poisson D'avril, and configure the Infrared port as 'Truma'

A friend in the electronics industry who knows a lot about infra red remote controls suggested something to me and I had to try it. Unbelievably it works. If you have lost your remote control for your Powrtouch or Reich Motor Mover, or its stopped working you can use a standard Sky or Sky + remote. If you key in 3665 followed by the "help" button you can operate your motor mover using the up and down and side to side controls on the Sky remote.

I've no idea how this works but I've just been moving my van up and down my driveway. It will be useful to know this if I ever lose the mover remote.

Regards

NRF

You can fool some people some of the time but not all the people all the time.

But just for info the motor mover remotes are RF and not infra red !

Radiotwo

Steve - Land Cruiser Amazon Auto + Pageant Series 5 Champagne

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.

Very good. For 0. 000001 sec I actually believed this. :lol:

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Slightly off topic but how many combinations of coded signals are available for mover remote controls? In other words. what are the chances of your remote operating some other person's mover? Ignore the distance factor, obviously the range is limited.

Hi

On our last trip the remote for my mover operated the television in my neighbors van

Sandy

Just tried this one on my daughters:

" #10: Planetary Alignment Decreases Gravity

1976: The British astronomer Patrick Moore announced on BBC Radio 2 that at 9:47 AM a once-in-a-lifetime astronomical event was going to occur that listeners could experience in their very own homes. The planet Pluto would pass behind Jupiter, temporarily causing a gravitational alignment that would counteract and lessen the Earth's own gravity. Moore told his listeners that if they jumped in the air at the exact moment that this planetary alignment occurred, they would experience a strange floating sensation. When 9:47 AM arrived, BBC2 began to receive hundreds of phone calls from listeners claiming to have felt the sensation. One woman even reported that she and her eleven friends had risen from their chairs and floated around the room. "

The eldest one told everyone in her office and then realised by their pitying looks that she was a victim(she is known for her gullibility). The younger one got so excited and said she would tell all her friends at college.

I couldn't bear to see her ridiculed so I told her.

Now a Swift motorhome owner.

Me. I never admit or volunteer for anything. :ph34r:

Edited by SuperMike

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.