Motorhome Engine Size

net

Ok I forgotten what my older brother was telling me about motorhome engine size and plus, which would be cheaper Engine size: 1998, Engine size: 1900 or Engine size: 2000. When I do go and buy a motohome and it wouldn`t be a top of posh section but, it would have to be a second handy motorhome, which I have been looking at when the time comes to trading my car in for a motorhome, so I need to know which engine size would be better as well as for tax reasons.

Net

Edited by net

If you thinks that bad you should see the other tyres. ..

Any help would be must welcome here members. .. ;)

If you thinks that bad you should see the other tyres. ..

Ok I forgotten what my older brother was telling me about motorhome engine size and plus, which would be cheaper Engine size: 1998, Engine size: 1900 or Engine size: 2000. When I do go and buy a motohome and it wouldn`t be a top of posh section but, it would have to be a second handy motorhome, which I have been looking at when the time comes to trading my car in for a motorhome, so I need to know which engine size would be better as well as for tax reasons.

Net

Hi net.

The engine size required will depend on the size and weight of the motorhome you intend to purchase.

Most UK built motorhomes will have a diesel engine and can be either 2/2. 3/2. 5 litre +

Perhaps this link will help you to decide what to choose:

http://www. postoffice. co. uk/portal/po/cont. ..ediaId=19100269

I'm sure other more knowledgeable members will be along in a while to offer their suggestions. :D

Regards.

Col

Proud to be a Patriot and CT Ninja
I get the feeling that beneath your sesquipedalian loquaciousness you're the same kind of fundamentalist intent on winning arguments through Argumentum Verbosium.

Having now looked at the post office link, does this mean a motor home is an LGV euro 4 tax band, assuming of course it is euro 4, else the £400 a year is a lot for a vehicle to sit on a drive most of the year?

I do think standard VED is unfair for low mileage vehicles like motor homes as they hardly produce more co2 when they spend most of their time parked.

All depends on when it was registered I think. Our old motorhome (57-reg) was classed as a LGV so was £180 to tax last time around, as far as i can remember.

For info, that was an Adria Twin (van conversion) with a 2. 3L Multijet (120bhp). Plenty powerful enough for the size of the van and returned 30mpgs.

Edited by b6x

towcar #1: Vauxhall Vectra 1. 9 CDTi 150

towcar #2: Honda CR-V 2. 2 CDTi

caravan: Compass Corona 475