Query On Motormover

paul b

hi everyone, had a powertouch 3 fitted on my swift challenger 530 late last year so hav,nt really used it much yet anyway i keep my van in storage on a farm and last week we went off for the weekend and when we got back after unhitching off the car i started reversing van onto pitch (with mover)and it wouldnt get it onto the slabs that it sits on so i had to hitch it back onto the car to give it a push . i no ill have to sink the slabs in but i thought it would have a bit more umph than that, or would it help if i changed the jockey wheel for one with blow up tyre. thanks in advance. paul

2006 mitsubishi animal 2. 5 auto double cab in black with chrome bits and Elddis odyssey 544

I find this whilst getting up ramps to get into the drive.

I just `walk` it up one side at a time which is no great hardship now i know i need to do it.

Trying to climb a slab is a bit like trying to get up a steep (1 in 1 ?) slope.

B)-->

QUOTE(paul b @ Mar 31 2009, 04:29 PM) 243601[/snapback]
hi everyone, had a powertouch 3 fitted on my swift challenger 530 late last year so hav,nt really used it much yet anyway i keep my van in storage on a farm and last week we went off for the weekend and when we got back after unhitching off the car i started reversing van onto pitch (with mover)and it wouldnt get it onto the slabs that it sits on so i had to hitch it back onto the car to give it a push . i no ill have to sink the slabs in but i thought it would have a bit more umph than that, or would it help if i changed the jockey wheel for one with blow up tyre. thanks in advance. paul

You said you had returned so I take it your battery was charged on your journey home.

Would have thought though that your mover should have gone up the slabs though even with a hard jockey wheel I would be tempted to check the connections / adjustment of the rollers to the wheels to make sure that everything is ok with that.

We have a Truma it was fitted to our old van and had problems using it on rough ground with the hard jockey wheel so after reading somewhere that the pnumatic was better on gravel etc we got one and tried it and it was better. First outing with the new van with a wide hard jockey wheel manouvering the van with the mover was better than the old thinner hard one but I have fitted the pnumatic one on now and its better especialy on stoned or gravel pitches / site roads.

I just `walk` it up one side at a time which is no great hardship now i know i need to do it.

hi, i see what you are saying i probably need a bit more practice and maybe im expecting a bit to much but thanks anyway

2006 mitsubishi animal 2. 5 auto double cab in black with chrome bits and Elddis odyssey 544

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paul b @ Mar 31 2009, 04:29 PM) 243601[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hi everyone, had a powertouch 3 fitted on my swift challenger 530 late last year so hav,nt really used it much yet anyway i keep my van in storage on a farm and last week we went off for the weekend and when we got back after unhitching off the car i started reversing van onto pitch (with mover)and it wouldnt get it onto the slabs that it sits on so i had to hitch it back onto the car to give it a push . i no ill have to sink the slabs in but i thought it would have a bit more umph than that, or would it help if i changed the jockey wheel for one with blow up tyre. thanks in advance. paul

You said you had returned so I take it your battery was charged on your journey home.

Would have thought though that your mover should have gone up the slabs though even with a hard jockey wheel I would be tempted to check the connections / adjustment of the rollers to the wheels to make sure that everything is ok with that.

We have a Truma it was fitted to our old van and had problems using it on rough ground with the hard jockey wheel so after reading somewhere that the pnumatic was better on gravel etc we got one and tried it and it was better. First outing with the new van with a wide hard jockey wheel manouvering the van with the mover was better than the old thinner hard one but I have fitted the pnumatic one on now and its better especialy on stoned or gravel pitches / site roads.

hi, yes battery was fully charged and i would think its all set up ok as its only been used half a dozen times also it was fitted by powrtouch engineer,, but i think by what you have said it will be worth while going for the pneumatic wheel, i,ll give it a try thanks.

[

I have tried a number of pneumatic tyres with my motor mover and all have suffered from deflation this has

proved frustrating on many occasions having to inflate the various tyres before I could commence maneuvering

I have finally discarded this type of tyre and replaced it with a wide solid version. I find that this copes with all

coditions admirably

##

Iname=dave11a' date='Mar 31 2009, 04:52 PM' post='243607]

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(paul b @ Mar 31 2009, 04:29 PM) 243601[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hi everyone, had a powertouch 3 fitted on my swift challenger 530 late last year so hav,nt really used it much yet anyway i keep my van in storage on a farm and last week we went off for the weekend and when we got back after unhitching off the car i started reversing van onto pitch (with mover)and it wouldnt get it onto the slabs that it sits on so i had to hitch it back onto the car to give it a push . i no ill have to sink the slabs in but i thought it would have a bit more umph than that, or would it help if i changed the jockey wheel for one with blow up tyre. thanks in advance. paul

Volvo XC90/Swift Challenger

I do the same getting the van onto our drive, just give it a helping hand by pulling on the grab handle :rolleyes:

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

[

I have tried a number of pneumatic tyres with my motor mover and all have suffered from deflation this has

proved frustrating on many occasions having to inflate the various tyres before I could commence maneuvering

I have finally discarded this type of tyre and replaced it with a wide solid version. I find that this copes with all

coditions admirably

##

Iname=dave11a' date='Mar 31 2009, 04:52 PM' post='243607]

I had the same problem with it deflating when I first got it but solved it by when it was flat I lubricated the rim of the tyre with washing up liquid then pumped the tyre up to just below the max psi on the tyre then adjusted to the preasure for use ( Just as the old tyre fitters used to do) Never had to pump it up since :D

When I had a purpleline hand powered jockey wheel (sorry cant remember is proper name) the van wouldnt get up a dropped kerb because the wheels of the jockey just slipped so I got hold of 2 heavy metal plates just under 1cm thick and about 9 inches wide and a foot and a half long. These worked a treat and created a more gentle incline.

Regards

NRF

When I had a purpleline hand powered jockey wheel (sorry cant remember is proper name) the van wouldnt get up a dropped kerb because the wheels of the jockey just slipped so I got hold of 2 heavy metal plates just under 1cm thick and about 9 inches wide and a foot and a half long. These worked a treat and created a more gentle incline.

Regards

NRF

yes sounds a good idea thanks for reply,