Newark Show Last Weekend

ivan leslie

Had hoped to get to the show but, due to family illness, couldn't get there. As I have never been, anyone go and, if so, is it worth the trip?

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

Yes, IMHO it is. This year was our first at the event and we thought it was very good value, lots of stalls although apparently there weren't as many as last year, very good entertainment on the Saturday (we didn't get to the Friday night shows), good carvery lunch available at the function suite. Very well organised, plenty of water points spread round the show-ground, mains electrics for the disabled pitches, plenty of places to get rid of your rubbish and a lot of staff cleaning the toilets regularly and picking up litter round the grounds. All in all very good value for the weekend. We had travelled from the north of Scotland to go with friends - it was their first outing in their caravan since the husband had a severed stoke last year and they managed really well - in my limited experience the place seemed very wheelchair friendly with plenty of space to get round the different stalls and halls.

The piece de resistance was being presented with a bunch of daffodils along with our information pack as we arrive at the showground on the Friday.

NE Scotland

Unicorn Valencia pulled by Merc E280 cdi sport

Had hoped to get to the show but, due to family illness, couldn't get there. As I have never been, anyone go and, if so, is it worth the trip?

We called in on Sunday there were a few dealers with new caravans, only had our since January so we were not too interested in looking at them. Loads and loads of Campervans few 5th wheel set ups and a few accessory stalls selling the usual stuff. We came away with an extending (3 meters and a very soft ) brush to connect to the garden hose for the roof of the van for £15 which we thought wasn't too bad. Weather was reasonable Sunday hence our trip Saturday was a bit rough and it can blow right accross the showground s. o we picked the best day

Are there any more shows known of in the next few months within driving distance of Bedfordshire.

3rd - 6th April Hylands House Chelmsford.

10th - 13th April Temple Newsam Leeds

17th - 19th April Broadlands Romsey

2nd - 4th May The Kent Showground Kent

8th - 10th May Blaise Castle Bristol.

All of the above organised by the same people who ran the very successful show this year at Westpoint Exeter.

Dave

We went on Saturday. Had a good day. OH was a bit dissapointed that there wern't many caravans on show, mainly motorhomes & I was fed up that there was no where to have a sit down & have a cuppa :lol: Spent too much as usual as well.

Swift Challenger 560 (2007) with Reich Motor Mover & Ford Mondeo 2. 2 Titanium X TDCI (08 ) with Sports pack

A lovely Husband & 3 lively Yorkshire Terriers!!

We went on Saturday. Had a good day. OH was a bit dissapointed that there wern't many caravans on show, mainly motorhomes & I was fed up that there was no where to have a sit down & have a cuppa :lol: Spent too much as usual as well.

My OH worked at the showground for 18 yrs and this comment has been made to the management on numerous occasions after various events. It's ok if it's nice there is lots of grass to sit down on but how often do we get good dry weather for any lenght of time ? :(