Dogs Abroad

Good morning,

Can anyone give me information on the cost of having your dog wormed before returning to the UK from France.

Any hints or tips would be gratefully received.

Regards

Bill

Vets will charge what they can get away with, I've usually paid between 35€ and 47€. It's a bit cheaper if you take your own drontal tablets and flea treatment.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

I would like more information as we are taking our dog to france for the first time. I throught it was only tap worm they were injected against? What are drontal tablets?

Christine

Christine. Lunar Lexon CSL, Landrover Discovery, MGF

http://www. defra. gov. uk/animalh/quarantine/ has all the information but you need to start planning at least six months before you intend to return from holiday because your pet will need a rabies jab and a blood test. You can only bring your pet back into the Uk six months after the results of the blood test show that the rabies jab was successful.

Drontal is a worming tablet and Frontline is the flea treatment it needs; both have to be done by a vet between 24 and 48 hours before you set off for home and the pets passport has to be stamped and signed by the vet.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!