Blown Air Heating

slavedriver

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2002 Swift Challenger 460se. The question is there is pipework and outlets throughout the van, but it I dont know whether its connected to the heating or not.

Hope this is not a stupid question and another senior moment. I am sure someone can enlighten me.

Enjoying caravaning again with my new bride of 7 months

John

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a 2002 Swift Challenger 460se. The question is there is pipework and outlets throughout the van, but it I dont know whether its connected to the heating or not.

Hope this is not a stupid question and another senior moment. I am sure someone can enlighten me.

Enjoying caravaning again with my new bride of 7 months

John

If its big bore (2in+) then its ducted air heating

There could be a control on top of the fire that is off in the centre, one way is thermostat controlled and the other is blowing all the time(good in hot weather as well)

It could also be a Junior kit which would have a seperate control

If you look on the back of the fire you should see 2 pipes coming off plus the gas flu

Edited by Watson(JohnG)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Turn on your fan, the slider on the space heater, and go to each outlet and feel if there is any air coming out. Then use it on gas and see if the air is warm let it cool down and then try electric and see if the air is warm again. By using this process you will have tested both fuel sources plus the connections to each outlet.

Hi Guys, I have a conqueror 408 2008 model, is there any way you direct the hot air to blown soley into the washroom area

At the air outlets you will find inside a circular plate that can be closed or open, I believe you are not supposed to close it fully ( not sure though ) but I usually close one a little so that forces more air to the others, path of least resisitance.

Andy

2008 Audi A6 Avant TDI Multitronic - 2009 Coastline 530 SE

Hi Guys, I have a conqueror 408 2008 model, is there any way you direct the hot air to blown soley into the washroom area

There is a lever low down behind the fire which operates a flap,the position of which determines the volume of air ditributed to the front and rear of the van.

Best,

Frank

There is a lever low down behind the fire which operates a flap,the position of which determines the volume of air ditributed to the front and rear of the van.

Best,

Frank

Thanks Frank, do I have to remove the fire to get to it I have a drawer above the fire which I have yet worked out how to remove

Access on our Sterling is by removing the drawer above the fire and reaching down the back. A light and a mirror might help to locate the lever but I think you will find it fairly obvious. Put the blower on and move the lever to obtain the required balance from the individual outlets.

Best,

Frank

Access on our Sterling is by removing the drawer above the fire and reaching down the back. A light and a mirror might help to locate the lever but I think you will find it fairly obvious. Put the blower on and move the lever to obtain the required balance from the individual outlets.

Best,

Frank

Thanks Frank will give it go next time I have the caravan out of storage.