Help, Parts Wanted!

stuarttetley1974

Bought a Bailey Senator 5000 of ebay as spares or repairs and need to source some bits if possible! Its a 1991 model and the rear sliding door to shut the bedroom of is missing, just wondered if anyone knows where to get one from or whether other models will fit? Plus at the back there are 2 seats which form the double bed and then there should be 2 samll cupboards to cover pipes etc at the end, these are missing too!

Finally the bunk is there BUT there are dark brown metal brackets which looki like square poles go into them below side windows and at the back, I have no poles of fittings and would ideally like to source these but failing this, anyone got any pictures of this setup with the poles and bunk in situ (if it is poles!) so I can try to get them made!

Otherwise its a cracking van and lovely size and quality.

I am going to sort out the seams as there is a leak at the front and have got to sort out some delamination in the floor and new floor covering and curtains!

i suspect you will find it hard to find specific proper parts for your caravan. Bailey may still have some things that was continued to be fitted to later vans available but prices are usually high, and i assume the cost of the caravan wouldnt warrant spending too much. ..?

I have a similar problem with my 1997 Bailey Senator Montana - same layout as yours i believe (5 birth). I needed a few new bits. Shower tray and bathroom sink. prices new were high and i've not managed to find proper 2nd hand replacements for a year now. i have decieded to repair the shower tray myself (lining glass fibre on the underside) and i have decied to replace the sink with a generic one. ...

if i were you i would try and make up the parts if you can or get something from another van and retrofit it (ie replace the sliding door with another type of similar size) or maybe fit a curtain etc. ...

saying that, there are lots of vans getting broken on ebay - i'm sure you will be able to find something that you can retrofit if need be from another brand of van etc. lots of things are generic aswell. .. may be the case with your bunk poles.

good luck

Derek

Edited by SilverSaloon

Bailey Senator Montana towed by a Mercedes E300D estate (W124)

caravan_sig.jpg

Have you tried typing caravan breakers in google? I found loads of stuff like sinks/shower trays etc and furniture, just not the specific 2 cupboards. I am thinking of tryin to retro fit a sliding bedroom door or make one!

Thanks for replying, I'm getting the impression on this site that because I own an older van I am not worth replying to!!!!

Hi Stuart

Welcome to Caravan Talk.

Sorry you didn't get the response you were hoping for, but keep checking back as it may be only a matter of time before someone will be along to help you. Sourcing parts for older caravans is not easy and I remember having to make do with several broken parts on my 1991 Swift.

Somewhere on this forum there is a list of caravan breakers about a page long, if I find it I'll link it into this post for you.

Steve

Fiat Rimor Europeo 69P Motorhome