Damaged Jockey Wheel Winder

TazDaz

Hi there . ..

I seem to have damaged my jockey wheel winder on our Compass Rallye van :(

I think I may have bent the winding shaft

The jockey wheel goes through a cover over the A-frame - so does anyone know if it's easy to remove this and most importantly, how do you take of the A-frame plastic cover?

TIA

John

Lift the front of your van as high as you can if you are on hard standing, (unless you want to dig a hole under wheel to remove the bottom half!) Slacken the side clamp right off, now keep turning the jockey wheel handle anti-clockwise until you can lift the top half out. You can now remove the bottom half. To replace, just reverse the procedure.

Regards
Terry Birch
The tourer days are over, we now have an Hobby D500 GESC.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that info.

Is it possible to lift the front of the van using a trolley jack then some axle stands under the front of the chassis - or is that not a good idea?

I can't think of another way to do it :unsure:

Thanks for that info.

Is it possible to lift the front of the van using a trolley jack then some axle stands under the front of the chassis - or is that not a good idea?

I can't think of another way to do it :unsure:

Carefully mind. .. Either load the van so it's back heavy and lower the rear steadies, or lower the rear and then raise the front to their limit. If not enough you may have to use some blocks under the front ones. Make sure everything loose inside is tied down or removed :-)

Cruzer, aka Colin

Growing old is unavoidable, growing up is optional. .. Hyundai Santa Fe & Bailey Pegeant Bretagne.