New Van....the Changes Begin

bofus

Right, we have the new van, and as well fitted as it is it needs a few tweeks; extra mains sockets, semi permanent sky sat install, and a few other little extras

So here are the questions - regarding a 2008 Ace Jubilee Courier

1 Is it possible to have an electrical circuit diagram? - the one in the handbook is pants and is very wrong - fuse numbering especially!

2. Is there any strengthening in the nearside wall above the cupboard/switch panel and below the roof cabinet?

3. Where is the remote thermostat for the Truma space heater?

4. Why has the offside panel got a bulge forcing out the outer skin about 12" in front of the offside garage door?

5. Is it possible to adjust the tension of the hob lid so that it stays up better?

6. What pressure do you set the shureflow accumulator to?

Thanks

Gav

Right, we have the new van, and as well fitted as it is it needs a few tweeks; extra mains sockets, semi permanent sky sat install, and a few other little extras

1 Is it possible to have an electrical circuit diagram? - the one in the handbook is pants and is very wrong - fuse numbering especially!

2. Is there any strengthening in the nearside wall above the cupboard/switch panel and below the roof cabinet?

4. Why has the offside panel got a bulge forcing out the outer skin about 12" in front of the offside garage door?

5. Is it possible to adjust the tension of the hob lid so that it stays up better?

Thanks

Gav

Hi Gav,

These seem like quite specific and technical questions, especially #4!!!, you may be better checking with your dealer and PM'ing Swiftgroup.

Lloyd

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Contact Swift for specific detail if it's not in the handbook.

Contact Swift for specific detail if it's not in the handbook.

Probably hasn't got one - contact Gary (Arc Systems) who can supply an elegantly effective and simple alternative.

Sounds like a fault - get your dealer to investigate.

Thanks

Gav

Re question 1

Sargent Electrical Services supply the electrics for Swift Group caravans. They have a very good website with electrical diagrams. I believe yours comes under T3B & T4B caravans.

http://www. sargentltd. co. uk/html/reference. html

Brian

RogerL - It has got a remote 'something' plugged into the heater, just can't find where they have installed it

I am not too worried about the bulge, it is very minor just very annoying now I have noticed it!!

After being a Bailey man, the Swift handbook does leave a lot to be desired, not very clear and very un-user friendly!

BrianI - thanks for the link, on the page now!

Cheers

Gav

RogerL - It has got a remote 'something' plugged into the heater, just can't find where they have installed it

I am not too worried about the bulge, it is very minor just very annoying now I have noticed it!!

After being a Bailey man, the Swift handbook does leave a lot to be desired, not very clear and very un-user friendly!

BrianI - thanks for the link, on the page now!

Cheers

Gav

If you've found where the remote is plugged in, I presume you've tried tracing it's cable. The best place for the remote thermostat is strapped to the gas thermostat at the bottom of the heater just behind the front cover although Truma recommend it's fitted to a locker/wardrobe facing panel - when they do that it's put in a small round plastic housing, often black, about 15mm diameter.

I'd be worried about the bulge!

That's some indictment of the handbook, the Bailey one isn't brilliant!

Hi Gav,

Check out this link, Here, you can zoom in if you download the PDF and Viewer. Should be page 5 (Actual page 57 of the Handbook)

The fuse numbers and descriptions should be pretty spot on, it's the same layout as I use for diagnostic reasons.

Regards

Chris

It has got a remote 'something' plugged into the heater, just can't find where they have installed it

~~

Cheers

~~

Gav

Our remote for the heater is a little 1/2" brown button - about 4" from the floor near the entrance door in the side of the locker. .

Apparently it is a cold area and if this is warm then the caravan will be too !!

Works OK

Maurice

Volvo S60 D5 (now sold 😥) new Vauxall soon
Happy to meet, Sorry to part, Happy to meet again
48 Year Member of The Caravan Club

Tried looking for the remote thermostat button but it is nowhere to be seen.

Good news - BBQ point fitted tonight, along with jacking points AND i managed to swap over the anti roll bar on the Westfield - ooh lighter evenings are good.

A PM to Swift is in order me thinks

Thanks

Gav

Ps ChrisNord - I got the same page in my handbook but it is incorrect.