Pastiche 540/4

grahamw

Hi

I currently own a 2003 Bailey Pageant Vendee and am looking to change to a similar model with parallel bench seating rather than L shape lounge at the front. I'm impressed with the build of the Coachman Pastiche 540/4, although the washroom seems to be its weakest point.

As this is a new model there will few people available to comment on it. So what is the Pastiche owner's view of their investment in general? What problems have been experienced? Is service good?

Anyone care to advise about what I may be able to negotiate off the new price and where might be the best place to do it?

Graham

Hi

I currently own a 2003 Bailey Pageant Vendee and am looking to change to a similar model with parallel bench seating rather than L shape lounge at the front.   I'm impressed with the build of the Coachman Pastiche 540/4, although the washroom seems to be its weakest point.

As this is a new model there will few people available to comment on it.   So what is the Pastiche owner's view of their investment in general?  What problems have been experienced?  Is service good?

Anyone care to advise about what I may be able to negotiate off the new price and where might be the best place to do it?

Graham

1020[/snapback]

Hi Graham i don,t know much about the pastiche but Caravan magazine gave it a good review in december2004 issue about best build quality in the end bed room and most comfortable dining/lounge area, as for the bathroom if its built as good as the rest of the van i wouldn't worry to much, i'm not sure if the bathroom is a side suite so i couldn't comment on size, i know my coachman is a much older van but if its built in similar standards or better nowadays it must be good, kimberley caravans in notts are having discounts i believe, they are coachman dealers (they informed me as i purchased my van from there) and they gave me a reasonable trade in on my old van, hope you find the van yor after :)

Hi Graham,

We have a 2004 Coachman Pastiche 500/5 5-berth bought in November 2003 and although this is our first ever van and we have nothing to compare it with, we are absolutely delighted with it and love it with a passion.

The build quality is superb, it's spacious with bags of storage room and extremely comfortable.

When we were looking to buy a caravan, we viewed almost every make there is and we felt that Coachman was one of the best. Plus, because we were buying a brand new van that the dealer was going to use at the Earles Court show, we got £3,000 knocked off the price !! :D

As cb1701 said, one of the caravan magazines reviewed it and were well impressed. In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that this model won an award (Tourer of the Year I think)

I wouldn't hesitate in recommending a Coachman to anyone.

Janey

Audi Q7 / Coachman Laser 640/4

Hi Graham,

We have a 2004 Coachman Pastiche 500/5 5-berth bought in November 2003 and although this is our first ever van and we have nothing to compare it with, we are absolutely delighted with it and love it with a passion.

The build quality is superb, it's spacious with bags of storage room and extremely comfortable.

When we were looking to buy a caravan, we viewed almost every make there is and we felt that Coachman was one of the best.   Plus, because we were buying a brand new van that the dealer was going to use at the Earles Court show, we got £3,000 knocked off the price !! :D

As cb1701 said, one of the caravan magazines reviewed it and were well impressed.   In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that this model won an award (Tourer of the Year I think)

Janey

2094[/snapback]

2166[/snapback]

Hello if you want the best deal in the country on the Pastiche 540 you have just found it if you want any more info send me a message.

All my vans come with full show pack IDM3 alarm system 10disc multi cd player.

part exchange welcome

Hi Graham,

When we were looking to buy a caravan, we viewed almost every make there is and we felt that Coachman was one of the best.   Plus, because we were buying a brand new van that the dealer was going to use at the Earles Court show, we got £3,000 knocked off the price !! :D

As cb1701 said, one of the caravan magazines reviewed it and were well impressed.   In fact, I'm sure I read somewhere that this model won an award (Tourer of the Year I think)

Janey

2094[/snapback]

:D I,m glad you enjoy your coachman as much as we do, as i said we purchased a 1994 coachman genius and have found we can,t wait till the next outing every time we leave it, the quality of this van surpassed some newer ones

we looked at with the level of extra's we got with it.

We sold our bailey champagne in 2002 for a pastiche 520/4 and it is the best caravan we have owned. Build quality second to none. Got a fabulous deal at NEC show. We had one or two niggles with the dealers aftercare but it was all sorted. We swopped it a year ago for another 520/4.

Be careful though as they are not light vans. You need a good heavy tugger.

• 6 years later...

We had an Amara 520/4 and no problems and very well put together and we have just got a new Pastiche 470/2 which again is very well put together and we are very pleased with it. Coachman's are heavy but not a lot more than similarly spec'd vans.

And yes you will need a big car/4x4 to tow them

eg Pastiche 540/4 1560 kg

Swift Challenger 540/4 1545 kg

Elddis Oddyssey 540/4 1550 kg

Lunar Clubman SE 1485 kg

Eccles Ruby 1600 kg

Brian