2008 Pageant 6 Front Windows Fogged

Mickyblueyes

As per the title really.

I pulled the van out yesterday to get ready for the seasons outings to find that all the 3 front windows have condensation within the units, which I have photographed.

I have checked the outer an inner and there is nothing on these surfaces it is definitely 'in' the units.

Has anyone else had this with a Pag 6 ?, is it a known issue? and is there a repair or is it a case of having to get the dealer to look, then wait for warranty replacements?? Obviously having to drag the van back and forward to the dealer several times no doubt <_<

I have to say I am a little disappointed considering the van was brand new in Nov 07', regardless of it being still under warranty.

We were away in our Bailey last weekend for the first time since November. We got some misting between the front panes at the start of the weekend but it soom cleared . .. where our 'van is stored the front gets no direct sun light so I suspect in our case it was just unaccustomed heat!

2010 Volvo XC70 D5 SE Lux (2012 V60 D5 All Wheel Drive R Design after March 12!)

2012 Swift Conqueror 480, with Omnivent, Mini Heki in Loo, Mudflaps and ALKO Mammut Mover

This can happen at any time to any windows as they are not sealed. What you need to do is to remove the two small plastic plugs and leave for a few hours with the windows in the sun and on a dry day. Then replace the plugs

Brian

we had our 2008 van in for its first servic 2 weeks ago and one of its windows has failed,bailey has sent a replacement to the dealer waitin for us to go down to get it installed

2014 swift elegance 570 pulled along with a BMW X5 M Sport

Thanks Chaps

Spotted the plugs, and will give the hairdryer trick a go once I get some new plugs.

Gordy- Why was your window defined as a failure and replaced if you don't mind me being nosey?

Edited by Mickyblueyes

I don't know when dealers decide to replace windows under warranty and where they are curable. I have had 2 windows replaced under warranty but the warranty has now expired and I have 3 windows with serious condensation inside. .

I'm struggling to find replacement plugs on the internet as they seem to get damaged when removed.

I've not been to my local dealer, some 35 mile round trip, so was wondering if anybody knew of a company that supplied them on-line.

I also understand that they are available with a one-way valve in ????

Bill

Many years ago had a Lunar which had all the windows replaced because of this problem.

However, the last three vans have all had similar problems, and here's the answer which I think makes sense:

If you use the caravan during the winter months I find it mkes a lot of difference to leave most of the windows on the nght catch all of the time and ensure the heating stays on at a constant temperature.

Our last Coachman had the same problems and the windows cleared after the start of the summer.

Our new Pageant series 7 has a bit of condensation in the windows but the small and large Heki rooflights also have some, particularly after the sun shines on them. These units do NOT have any vent plugs and so cannot be ventilated.

It's something which has been explained technically many times but I find ensuring plenty of ventilation, creating little steam and not over boiling the kettle makes it a lot better so I'm not worried.

On the funny side you ust make sure that SWMBO doesn't put all the heating on full blast as soon as you enter the van for the first time when on site, you know what they are like, full blast until it's like a sauna, all the family have a shower and cook a full evenng meal of the stove - oh and open the rooflights a bit too.

Better to have some ventlation than new windows.

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

yes it was a failure and was replaced without any bother,our window looked as if the air had been sucked out in the middle so as both panes were touching and the whole unit misted up very bad

2014 swift elegance 570 pulled along with a BMW X5 M Sport