Too Good To Be True?

sean c

Item number: 220385654614 (sorry dont know how to do that link thing)

Wow what a bargin?

I'm off to burn 6. 1k on the bonfire.

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

Wow what a bargin?

I wonder if the seller drives a white van?

'I know' is just 'I Believe' with delusions of grandeur

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV 4H

Unicorn 4 Cadiz

Wow what a bargin?

linky

http://cgi. ebay. co. uk/ws/eBayISAPI. dll?Vie. ..y0%3D%26fvi%3D1

KIA SORENTO KX3 2012 Bailey Pageant Limousin SERIES 7 1700 kg

volvo xc70 D5 se

Wow what a bargin?

As your title. ..........To good to be true, why would you sell a van for 6k when 4 months ago you paid 19k, the dealer would offer you more than that :rolleyes:

Bailey Ranger 510/4

& Skoda Octavia Elegance Estate 1. 9TDI

Various010-1.jpgmedia3_cropped-4.jpg

I have submitted a report to E Bay suspecting it to be stolen goods.

Phil,

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

I have submitted a report to E Bay suspecting it to be stolen goods.

Phil,

Surely it's got to be, seems like emigrating to Canada on a wim is possible :D:rolleyes:

Bailey Ranger 510/4

Zero feedback, first item they are selling on Ebay is a 4 month old Caravan (bought just before or during Christmas last year?), costing them £19. 5K and selling for £6K!!! Three lines of text and two microscopic pictures.

Definitely stolen or doesn't even exist!

What can we do about it?

Tim

Zero feedback, first item they are selling on Ebay is a 4 month old Caravan (bought just before or during Christmas last year?), costing them £19. 5K and selling for £6K!!! Three lines of text and two microscopic pictures.

Definitely stolen or doesn't even exist!

What can we do about it?

Tim

This has happened before when i advised a member to ring the seller and ask them for the CRiS number, needless to say the item was removed 5 minutes later.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Says there is a "registration document" and standard of english is good, not the usual for a dodgy seller. Also says ring for details but there isn't a phone number only an e-mail address (traceable?)

This has happened before when i advised a member to ring the seller and ask them for the CRiS number, needless to say the item was removed 5 minutes later.

Phil.

I've just messaged the seller requesting the CRiS number ;)

Bailey Ranger 510/4

I've just messaged the seller requesting the CRiS number ;)

Please keep us informed of the response.

Phil.

Please keep us informed of the response.

Phil.

Will do, I'm going to ask for more pics as well, after all it is a long drive from Kent to make a viewing.

Bailey Ranger 510/4

Request for CRiS number. .........................

"Because I have some problems with my email and I cant see your message from ebay please contact me at: , puntergreen(at)rocketmail. com

If you want more pictures please contact me directly at: puntergreen(at)rocketmail. com

Thank you"

Request for more pics. ..........................

"My schedule is also very busy with a lot of day travelling through the country and I find it a bit difficult to meet you at this time.

My last price is £6,000. 00 include shipping cost.

The deal will go strictly according to eBay Classified Ad rules and policy.

To start the official transaction, I need to know your details:

- ebay user ID

- full name and address ( for the invoice so I know where to send the item ) . ..

as soon as I have them I'll start the official procedure, and eBay will notify you about this.

You'll also receive important guidelines + instructions from them ( please go through them exactly ).

I'll handle the shipping, so this will be free of charge for you.

Also, a refund policy will be included. Looking forward to hear from you.

Thank you "

What a load of waffle :D:D

Bailey Ranger 510/4

Oh well missed another bargain, I see its been removed!!

wish I had read your post Rugrat2 before I wasted my time looking on e-bay!!! :D wonder why it was taken off?

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

wish I had read your post Rugrat2 before I wasted my time looking on e-bay!!! :D wonder why it was taken off?

Don't be too quick to knock Ebay. Some people are still genuine and honest. So far since Jan. 2007 we have bought a 51 frontera, a 2000 4 birth emblem. Then swapped the small van for the current 6 berth and p/ex'd the frontera for an 03 Disco td5. Spent over £22,000. :blink: No probs. with any of them. And due to the current financial climate there is bound to be plenty of bargains out there as people try to cash in. Sad for them, but you can't be blamed for taking advantage.

LANDY DISCO TD5(2003)

ADRIA ADORA 532 UK(2005)

These scams are easy to spot, they all follow the same pattern.

First time seller with no feedback, item thats far too cheap to be realistic, can't be contacted by phone and is always too busy or out of the country but they can deliver it no problem.

The thing to do is ask for a viewing, when you get a negative answer, report the item number to ebay and they'll remove it.

The funfair is in town, and so are the travellers. I am glad my van is in storage. :D

Regards
Ian

I just wouldn't buy a 'van on e bay. Far too risky. There will always be tales of people who managed to get a bargain,but I bet they are outnumbered by those who didn't. I'd far rather buy from a reputable dealer. That way you're covered.

Too much money involved to take a risk.

Its no longer on ebay Surprise Surprise

Let's hope that it was taken off by Ebay or the police and not sold to someone. :unsure:

Lunar Clubman 475EK towed by Vauxhall Zafira Design 1. 9Cdti 150

Here we go again. .I have been following this sort of thing on Ebay for over 2 years. .It usually involves Hobby's. .newish van. .. sillly low price. ..seller only joined ebay day before. ..has no feed back. ..On numerous occasions I have contacted vendor and told them I will buy the Hobby unseen. ..Will go to their place on following Saturday, pay cash and take van away. .Have never been allowed to do this and it's always the same excuse. ..they are out of town on business, so I send the money and they deliver the van. ...Nice con if it works. ..All I can tell you is that the guy oprerating this scam is believed to live in Spain and numerous UK police forces would like to meet up with him

Cheers

Hobbynut

Edited by Hobbynut

It wasn't me. .The big lads did it and ran away

• 1 month later...

Do you remember this ad on ebay for a very cheap nearly new (2009) Lunar Delata RS van for £6,100. Well its now advertised on Caravan Finder for a more realistic £14,000, the alledged owner is still moving to Canada hence the sale. Whilst you cannot view the old advert on ebay those of you who had a look at the time will remember the blue tarp the van is parked on in the photo and the comment about moving to Canada as previously mentioned.

If you log onto the Caravan Finder site and you put in Min price 14000 and max price 14000,four berth,end washroom, private sales, twin axle, fixed bed it will narrow the search down to just this listing.

Edited by sean c

Bailey s5 Senator Carolina + Ford Ranger Double Cab + VFR800Fiw

I feel the seller on Ebay has been totally unfair to me with this caravan which I really did want.

I sent the seller a message asking for the CRSP number I even signed my message with my rank and name. .....

Sgt Jones,

Cheshire Constabulary

I feel cheated now. ....lol

Tugging a Bailey Senator Vermont Millennium

With a 1999 Vauxhall Frontera Diesel 2. 2 Automatic

I feel the seller on Ebay has been totally unfair to me with this caravan which I really did want.

I sent the seller a message asking for the CRSP number I even signed my message with my rank and name. .....

Sgt Jones,

Cheshire Constabulary

I feel cheated now. ....lol

:lol: Give him a call then, name and mobile number on Caravan finder advert. !

[