Powertouch

kendo

Hi All,

Had a mover fitted about 6 months ago which has now started slipping when on an incline.

Dealer who fitted it wants to charge for adjusting it, robbing so* :angry:

Has anyone got any info on adjusting the rollers on these?

Would appreciate any info :D

Cheers

Ken.

Ken, Gill, Bronte & Millie.

Mitsubishi Barbarian towing Elddis Avante

When you had the PowrTouch fitted, you should have been given the documentation for it - which includes the fitting instructions for DIY installation - repeating the relevant part will position the mover correctly - you will nee the spacing block included with every PowrTouch.

Hi All,

Had a mover fitted about 6 months ago which has now started slipping when on an incline.

Dealer who fitted it wants to charge for adjusting it, robbing so* :angry:

Has anyone got any info on adjusting the rollers on these?

Would appreciate any info :D

Cheers

Ken.

The Dealer should adjust the clearance f. o. c. if that is the cause. If the mover clamp blocks were tightened correctly on fitting it shouldn't slip after six months (and how many uses?).

Call PowrTouch, they will happily send a fitter FOC to deal with this for you.

(They may even send a guy from the dealer who fitted it! - No cost to you though!!)

Cheers

Keith

My Powrtouch was fitted in May 08, I too experienced slipping rollers even when the adjustment was correct. I mentioned this to the Powrproducts guys at the NEC, no problems we will send an engineer around to take a look, just book it in with head office.

So I did. .... 2 days later the replacement rollers turned up and a phone call from the fitter to book a visit. They have supplied the older style rough random pattern rollers not the newer diamond pattern rollers. For some reason, the new diamond rollers seem to struggle on certain tyres, certain pressures and certain sizes - hence the reversion to the very rough random pattern rollers.

So credit to Powr products and excellent service once again.

Gav

My Powrtouch was fitted in May 08, I too experienced slipping rollers even when the adjustment was correct. I mentioned this to the Powrproducts guys at the NEC, no problems we will send an engineer around to take a look, just book it in with head office.

So I did. .... 2 days later the replacement rollers turned up and a phone call from the fitter to book a visit. They have supplied the older style rough random pattern rollers not the newer diamond pattern rollers. For some reason, the new diamond rollers seem to struggle on certain tyres, certain pressures and certain sizes - hence the reversion to the very rough random pattern rollers.

Gav

Do you mean the rollers that look like an Artex paint roller with lots of spikes?

The roller should be 20mm from the tyre

I used a 9volt battery as a spacer last time !!

Its a bit thinner but not a lot

You have to slacken the 2 U bolts(4 nuts each side and then slide the motor unit with the spacer between it and the tyre

Retighten the U bolts

You then undo the big bolt on the stop block and slide it up to the unit before retightening

They usually raise the front of the van as high as possible often by putting the jockey wheel on the caravan step

Hope that helps

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Gav

Doesn't say much for the testing programme though. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

OK thanks to all for the response.

I contacted powertouch & told them of the problem. They sent a fitter round same day who adjusted the rollers.

Powertouch said they would backcharge the dealer for this, which suits me.

Thanks again for all the hints

Ken. :D

Ken, Gill, Bronte & Millie.

Mitsubishi Barbarian towing Elddis Avante