French Municipal Sites With Swimming Pools

We are planning 2 and a half weeks in France this summer but like everybody we are feeling the pinch and wanted to do this on a budget.

I love the look of the all singing sites but with costs of up to 50 Euros a night in July and August I just don't want to spend that.

Was talking with Mrs Blue and thinking about what a site must have, and all we need is a pool for the 7 year old and a climate that she can use it LOL.

So do any know of any nice municipals in the South of France that have a pool?

We did a stop over at the municipal in Tain L'Hermitage last year and we know that is right next to an outdoor Lido which looked quite nice so we have that for starters and the town was lovely for a few days too.

I have the 2007 Caravan Club European book and am trauling through that but thought I would ask on here if anybody can recommend any.

First trip of the year at Easter and can't wait. Taking the little one on the London Eye !! Staying at the C&CC site near Waltham Cross.

Edited by BlisteringBlue

2011 Volvo V50 drivE - Bailey Ranger 500/5

On the Aquitaine coast I can recommend CM Le Tatiou at Bias.

Quite a lot of CMs have been privatised in order to finance developments such as swimming pools thru private capitalisation. Sadly :angry:

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Not a CM but about 12 years ago we went for successive years to Camping Le Paradis under Serignan Plage (last entry on p609 on 2007 CE book) -it's to the South of Beziers. This was a typical French family run site with a basic pool and our 2 children enjoyed it. It was very easy to get to and a couple of miles drive to the nearest beach: there was a good choice of beaches to go to and this distance made it significantly cheaper than those with direct access. Some of the pitches felt a little cramped but it was a peaceful site with lots of shage and one of the few that we have ever returned to. http://www. camping-leparadis. com/index. php. ..ing&lang=fr There were only a couple of other Brits there when we stayed but the French families were always friendly.

En route, we stayed for a night at the CM at Massiac south of Clermont Ferrand as we were using the toll free A75 and this was next door to the local open air pool that was free for those staying at the CM. My children were in the pool before the legs were wound down as it had been a long haul.

Hope that this is helpful, if a little out of date but I see that Le Paradis has a good write up in the CE book. It always seemed a long way to tow but the temperature when we arrived made up for it.

Thanks for the tip, that is just the sort of site we are looking for.

Here's the link:

http://campingletatiou. com/anglais/tarifs. htm

Excellent site with plenty of shade. Unusually for this coast, you are allowed to BBQ albeit in special concreted areas.

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

Thanks again, the more I have started looking there are quite a few simple sites in the south with pools. Most seem to cost around 300 Euros for 2 weeks including 10A electrics which is perfect. Will run them by Mrs Blue to see what she thinks.

2011 Volvo V50 drivE - Bailey Ranger 500/5

Thanks again, the more I have started looking there are quite a few simple sites in the south with pools. Most seem to cost around 300 Euros for 2 weeks including 10A electrics which is perfect. Will run them by Mrs Blue to see what she thinks.

Try this link campingo. You can enter your requirements and choice of facilities in any departement.