Roscoff Ferry Terminal

Has anyone stopped overnight at Roscoff Ferry Terminal recently? I stayed there about 15+ years ago and as I recall It was quite pleasant. There were quite a few other 'vans there plus a cafe, toilets, fresh water,etc.

I'm catching the ferry from Plymouth which arrives at 10. 00pm and then driving down to Biarritz throughout the following day. Because I arrive so late and because I will want to be away the following morning by 6. 00am at the latest it would make finding a site a very unlikely option. Unless, of course, someone knows otherwise.

I know the risks involved with staying in Aires, etc. and I've driven from Biarritz - Roscoff, St Malo - Biarritz in a day before on numerous occasions.

So with respect to all you well meaning people let's not have a thread about robberies and/or lots of stops en-route to break the journey down. This is what suits me and everything is booked.

Volvo XC60 Momentum Pro D4 pulling an Elddis Crusader Mistral

I have only stayed quay-side once in 20 years . . and it won't happen again !! The constant noise of trucks moving and air-conditioning rigs running was, IMHO, appalling.

Its a CL in the UK or a site in France for a decent nights sleep for me, if I don't use an overnight ferry, which is now my preffered option :)

Just my views . . nowt else . . :)

I have only stayed quay-side once in 20 years . . and it won't happen again !! The constant noise of trucks moving and air-conditioning rigs running was, IMHO, appalling.

Its a CL in the UK or a site in France for a decent nights sleep for me, if I don't use an overnight ferry, which is now my preffered option :)

Just my views . . nowt else . . :)

So with respect to all you well meaning people let's not have a thread about robberies and/or lots of stops en-route to break the journey down. This is what suits me and everything is booked.

Or what other people would do

If you don't like the answers . . don't ask the question . .....

You asked for opinions on stopping at Roscoff . . you got one . . so don't whinge.

If you've already made up your mind what you are going to do . . why ask the question ???

I didn't realise "post count" was important on this forum . ...

:)

If you don't like the answers . . don't ask the question . .....

You asked for opinions on stopping at Roscoff . . you got one . . so don't whinge.

If you've already made up your mind what you are going to do . . why ask the question ???

I didn't realise "post count" was important on this forum . ...

:)

My question was. ....

Has anyone stopped overnight at Roscoff Ferry Terminal recently?

when we returned from Roscoff last August there seemed to be a lot of people who had stayed on the area as described by Neil & Lena - we were going onto the night ferry back to Plymouth, so it looked as if they had parked up and gone into Roscoff for the day. if that is the case, would appear to be a safe area.

Bessacarr Cameo 525 towed by SsangYong Rexton 2.2 auto in Brown.

We stayed there 2 years ago and intend to stay there again on the way back in June

I would not leave anything outside as it was an amusement for somebody to move all the steps/water containers round

Very amusing unless you stepped out onto no step :angry:

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Thanks very much to you all for the info.

I had a look on Google Earth and although not particularly clear it seems to have changed a little from the last time I stayed. I was a little worried that maybe they had stopped overnighters.

Still overnighting last September and they have extended the parking area. ....the point about LGV Freezer motors is relevant as they don't switch off. ....seem to remember that there is a water tap in terminal though. Probably the only 'on port' parking I would think of using as there is always lots of people moving about. ....but yes watch out for step movers!

cheers

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

could you get the 10pm crossing from plym-roscoff, it gets in at 8am ish, 2hrs after you want but perhaps stop over half way down it looks like an 11hr drive at max speed of 50mph to biarritz

It is about 550 miles door to door. .I would be looking for a stopover somewhere near Niort/|Poitiers myself just off N12.

cheers

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530