Jacking Up Crusader Superstorm

Superstorm

Hi

I'm new to this world of carvanning, but have fully enjoyed the two weekends we have got away for so far. Whilst inspecting my Crusader Superstorm twin axle tyres last week I noticed some cracking between the treads and the side walls and therefore need new tyres.

Can you please advise me where to position the jack under the caravan and the best type of jack to use - scissors or trolley.

All help much appreciated, thanks

Stephen

Stephen

Elddis Crusader Superstorm with Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa Fe

The best place is under the axle close to the brake hub.

The most secure jack is a trolley jack, and use an axle stand for safety while the wheel is off.

When servicing a twin axle van I use two trolley jacks, one under each axle, and two axle stands.

Hi

I'm new to this world of carvanning, but have fully enjoyed the two weekends we have got away for so far. Whilst inspecting my Crusader Superstorm twin axle tyres last week I noticed some cracking between the treads and the side walls and therefore need new tyres.

Can you please advise me where to position the jack under the caravan and the best type of jack to use - scissors or trolley.

All help much appreciated, thanks

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Remember to hitch up your car, chock the other wheel and lift the steadies.

Lloyd

Swift Challenger 490

Sorento + Fabia to help the Sorento up hills!

Stephen

Extract from user handbook

JACKING

Under no circumstances should the corner steadies be used to jack up the caravan. When it is necessary to jack up, use a bottle, screw, trolley or scissor jack, one with an axle shaped head is recommended.

Place the lack under the axle tube as near as possible to the main longitudinal member.

Hope this is useful

Regards

David

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

Thanks for the reponses. I didn't receive a handbook when I bought the caravan.

Looks like I'll have a busy day tomorrow.

Stephen

Stephen

Elddis Crusader Superstorm with Kia Sorento or Hyundai Santa Fe

Do you have Tyron Bands fitted if so you'll need to take the key with you to the tyre fitters and you might find that some tyre replacement company's won't want your business or charge you extra if they are fitted, ATS are Tyron dealers so you'll have no problems there.