Paint On Alko Wheel Lock

Bill Garner

Has anyone else had problems with the paint finish on their wheel lock? On the first occasion that I used mine the

paint chipped off ultimately leaving me with a really tatty looking item.

After the initial use I telephoned Alko to seek their comments on my problem. I was told that the paint finish was

not covered by the warranty. I have susequently resprayed the lock but the problem remains with the paint "chipping|"

off all over leaving an eyesore. One would have thought that considering the price of this accessory the finish would

have withstood normal usage. I would be interested to hear of anyone else with a similar problem

Volvo XC90/Swift Challenger

Have you posted this elsewhere?

If not you are not alone ;)

BMW X3 X Drive and Swift Challenger 580SE

Has anyone else had problems with the paint finish on their wheel lock? On the first occasion that I used mine the

paint chipped off ultimately leaving me with a really tatty looking item.

After the initial use I telephoned Alko to seek their comments on my problem. I was told that the paint finish was

not covered by the warranty. I have susequently resprayed the lock but the problem remains with the paint "chipping|"

off all over leaving an eyesore. One would have thought that considering the price of this accessory the finish would

have withstood normal usage. I would be interested to hear of anyone else with a similar problem

I have received a response from Paul Jones of Al-ko. The problem has been sorted to my complete satisfaction.

Congratulations Al-ko, and in particular, Paul Jones, on your superb customer service

Volvo XC90/Swift Challenger

• 2 months later...

Hi, my wheel lock isnt chipping but faded very quickly to a pale red with no shine at all. Looks very old even though just over 1 year old. I have had this problem with other al ko items, ie jockey wheel clamp handle, now pink instead of red, jockey wheel handle, again now pink. Looks like they have a problem with red and UV causing fading very quickly.

Kevin

Vauxhall Insignia SRi Nav 160 Auto, 2013 Bailey Unicorn 2 Valencia

Try Hammerite

Once you have removed the loose chipped paint, you can apply Hammerite directly on to the rusty metal, it sticks like the proverbial and lasts.

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
jockey wheel clamp handle, now pink instead of red

Ours did too, but it was changed on our first service, but not mentioned or charged for! :huh:

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

Hi

Its not only the wheel locks which suffer from this problem. My Alko hitch lock is also suffering from the paint flaking off.

Sandy