Insurance Cover

Sebastian

I am looking for recommendations for good insurance companies for my caravan?

hi,

I'm happy with the CC insurance as are a few of the members on here. There has been a few people who have claimed and there appeared to be no fuss and everything was sorted without problems,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

hi,

I'm happy with the CC insurance as are a few of the members on here. There has been a few people who have claimed and there appeared to be no fuss and everything was sorted without problems,

Regards,

Ian.

I can echo Ian's comments.

We have had 2 claims through the Caravan Club and had no problems at all, both claims dealt with quickly and payout/replacements dealt with just a quickly.

GPS

Guest tyke65

CC for me. When I was with the same company that did my house insurance I was concerned that a claim on the van insurance would affect my house and contents NCB so I felt that it was better to keep them apart. Mind you, this was years ago and may no longer be a valid argument.

CC for me and with the Super 5 Cs cover you get a new van for your old one up until it is 10 years old.

Only ever heard good reports although luckily I have never had to claim myself.

G.

CC for me and with the Super 5 Cs cover you get a new van for your old one up until it is 10 years old.

Only ever heard good reports although luckily I have never had to claim myself.

G.

But don't you have to make sure you're insurance amount each year is enough to pay for a new van? So after three years our van is actually worth half of what we paid for it but we'd need to be insuring it for more than it cost us to get new for old.

Our insurance is due for renewal next month so I'm doing some comparisons now too.

Mine: Fiesta; his Mondeo Estate; ours Bailey Olympus534, DD1's Poppy the cocker but she comes with us!

Yes you do have to insure it for the cost of the new replacement but isn't that what you'd want?

Mine is now insured for the price of the same model at 2009 prices but as I bought mine in 2006 it cost less then than it insured for now (never mind what it's worth now with depreciation).

But if it gets written off (and it doesn't take much damage to write it off, especially if it is involved in a RTA) then I get a new 'van!

The difference in premium was worth the potential benefits.

G.

Edited by chapmag

But don't you have to make sure you're insurance amount each year is enough to pay for a new van? So after three years our van is actually worth half of what we paid for it but we'd need to be insuring it for more than it cost us to get new for old.

Our insurance is due for renewal next month so I'm doing some comparisons now too.

Hi,

You do have to renew it at the price of a new 'van or you can insure it for it's actual worth and pay lower premiums but you won't have the old for new option,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.