Batteries

Bobinet

Hi

Is there much difference between 85 and 110 amp?

The agreement said new battery at £75 which on their accesory list is 110 but I ckecked the battery and it is 85 numex

All help appreciated

Bobby

The difference is 25 Ahrs, which when you are without EHU is at least a couple of days of lighting etc. Anyway if the agreement was 110Ahrs then the agreement should be honoured. Make whoever it was change it.

Regards

SuperMike

together with

Management and Lady Faith Finesse, who is a Black & Tan Cavalier KCS - Gorgeous Girl, and my wife is as well.

Sedona 2. 9TDi - Swift Conqueror 645 LUX

CAVALIERS ARE LIKE SUNSHINE, THEY BRIGHTEN UP YOUR DAY.

Hi,

I'm with Mike and I would not be happy if it was me in your position,

regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

If, like me, you normally only use sites with an E. H. U. , then I would be content with an 85 amp. - even if you have a mover. I was supplied with one at 110 amp, but as far as I'm concerned the 110 is only extra weight, because there is quite a difference in weight between the two.

Hi

Thanks. Just been back to change the battery at Lowdhams. No hassle. First they brought out a clean new battery Numex 95h. I was told this is the new EU rating????? Anyway I questioned again and the chap changed it for a numes cxv31MF (113 ) (dusty from the shelves) and said they were a little more expensive but no charge because I was messed about a bit.

so hopefully.

all will be ok. It has dual knobs so when I get the mover it can easily be attached

Hi bobby,

It's good to know that they realise there mistake and made amends,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi

Thanks. Just been back to change the battery at Lowdhams. No hassle. First they brought out a clean new battery Numex 95h. I was told this is the new EU rating????? Anyway I questioned again and the chap changed it for a numex cxv31MF (113 ah) (dusty from the shelves) and said they were a little more expensive but no charge because I was messed about a bit.

so hopefully.

all will be ok.

It has dual knobs so when I get the mover it can easily be attached

Bobby

The Numax CXV31MF is a good specification, much better than a basic leisure battery.

Thanks all.

Do I keep it attached at home or unplug' ' it. ? Hoping to go out again in two weeks.

If I charge it at home do I have to put on the power switch in the caravan or just plug the hook up lead alone?

Thanks for all advice. <_<

Bobby

Hi bobby,

I don't leave the 'van connected and the battery stays charged. The last time I left it for two months without charge and it was OK. if I was to charge it I would plug in the hook up lead and turn on the master switch in the 'van,

Regards,

Ian.

I keep my caravan permanently attached to the mains electric when at home - the battery is always fully charged and I can pre-cool the fridge before trips away.

Hi Roger,

I simply connect the Hook up the day before we go which gives the battery a boost and it allows me to pack the fridge so there's less to do on theday of departure which is what I've been doing today,

Regards,

Ian.

The dial is a voltmeter - whenever the on-board power suppy is active, the battery and voltmeter should show 13. 8v but will drop back to 12. 0-12. 8v when not being charged.

A colour-coded voltmeter could ideally do with being calibrated in volts as well - if you have a digital volt meter (DVM) you may be able to get an idea of colour/voltage.

So, If I don't keep it charged should I un clip the leads?

Bobby

Hi Bobby,

I don't bother and my battery is around 5 or 6 years old and working well,

Regards,

Ian.