Kampa Rally 260/390 Awning - Any Reviews?

Netty

Guest iancjc

:D

yes we've got one - looked good at the NEC and was a great price - still in the box in the garage at the minute.

We're planning on using the existing spacelite for weekends and short breaks and the kampa for stays of a week or more - first trip with it will be whitsun. if it's quick to put up it may replace thye spaclite - but this takes us less than 10 minutes to put up now.

when we looked at the displayed one at the nec the best bit was how square and tall it was so you can use all the space and stand up rignt at thefront and in the corners - they also had inner tents for it.

we got the 390 model.

I bought a 260 at the NEC, and is still unfortunately in it's box.

I will allegedly use it the middle of next week (weather dependent) when we go away for the inaugural run in the new van.

Andrew

2010/60 Honda CRV ES-T i-DTEC (Deep Sapphire Blue) and a 2009 S7 Bailey Provence.

Used our 260 for the first time last week. All good so far!

Easy to put up and take down, calm weather so no real test there. Zips work well. Quality seems good.

And it's a bit different :)

Used our 260 for the first time last week. All good so far!

Easy to put up and take down, calm weather so no real test there. Zips work well. Quality seems good.

And it's a bit different :)

How do the roof poles attach to the van? Do you think there would there be any danger of damage to the side of the van by the roof poles in strong winds - I've heard of this being an issue with other similar awnings. ..

How do the roof poles attach to the van? Do you think there would there be any danger of damage to the side of the van by the roof poles in strong winds - I've heard of this being an issue with other similar awnings. ..

There are 3 roof poles in the 260 - glass fibre with flattish rubber snubbers or ferrules on the end that fit in substantial pockets in the fabric of the awning and seem well-padded. They're held in by the tension of the awning roof, which also gives them their curve. They seem unlikely to come out, but we've not tested them in a high wind yet - maybe next week!

I understand that the maker was with Sunncamp, so presumably knows his onions, awning-wise.

Edited by BryanS

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought one - going to try it out next week. Bought it to use for short breaks as replacement for our traditional porch awning which is so small it is literally only a porch - to small to sit out in it. Will let you know how we get on with it. :D

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

After using our Rally 260 last weekend in the wind, rain and sunshine I can safely say that it's superb!!!! It looks really smart and is really spacious inside. It feels really sturdy even with a coastal wind whipping at it for 2 days. The only tiny problem we had was that after a night of pouring rain the water did collect a little on the roof but considering the amount of rain we had there wasn't too much there and it didn't stop the door opening like some other porch awnings on the market. It is really easy to put up and my husband put it up on his own in super quick time. I put it down on my own and it was so easy. You can take one step at a time with it and there's no fear of it all falling and damaging the caravan. We will be using this as our main awning instead of an occasional awning as it is so superb!!! Definitely recommend it!!!! :D

Just got back from four days away with the new Rally 260 - and I'm very pleased with it. It is very straightforward to put up - and is very spacious for a porch, with room to set out table and chairs as well as storage. It has good headroom all round, making for good use of the available space. I opted to buy the extra rear legs, and was glad I did - they certainly help to maintain a good seal against the side of the caravan, in fact I don't understand why they're not supplied as standard. We had a couple of days of virtually continuous rain, and it stood up to it well - the only problem being some drips from the tapes which fasten the two roof stretchers in place - they seem to act as wicks. Some seam sealant should solve the problem. I also got a rain puddle at one end of the roof, as the pitch wasn't quite level so at one end there wasn't enough of a slope on the roof. I'll know what to watch out for next time, and adjust the front legs accordingly. All in all, I can safely say it was a good buy and we'll be getting plenty of use from it.

2004 Swift Challenger 550 SLE

• 7 months later...

I have the Kampa 390 and before that the Sunncamp 260 both were easy to erect, lightweight and stood up to the elements, particularly the Kampa with the padded seals against caravan walls, the Sunncamps now have this facility.

Beauty of the Kampa is the ability to adjust the leg length of the uprights and also the slightly increased headroom at front. Inner tent from my Sunncamp also fits the Kampa smile.gif .

Brianinhull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Hi, Any more reviews on the kampa 390 model? Im hoping farther christmas will bring me one

Excellent bit of kit IMO, we also have a Sunncamp 260 (bought for previous van) which lacks useable space due to the curvature of the poles, whereas the Kampa has a more upright front. We had a problem with one of the steel poles for the additional legs but this was replaced without question within 3 days of complaint. It is a good bit heavier than the Sunncamp but is a much better quality. We also bought the inner tent to give the kids (and ourselves) some space!

We also have a full size awning for the longer stays at Easter, Summer and Autumn but prefer the Kampa for the weekends.

Hope Santa will read this and bring you what you want!

Cheers

G

2009 Jaguar X Type (Re-mapped) 2. 0D pulling a 2013 Bailey Pegasus GT65 Verona

2013 Triumph Street Triple R & 2004 Triumph RS Sprint 955i

The Kampa is a great peice of equipment we bought one whilst down at the CC cheddar site and I was able to put it up in thirty (30) minites allon my jack-jones. It is so so easy, we are very impressed with it, there is one very very fault. .... the pegs they supply aren't much cop, but then we were putting it up on a hardstanding pitch. Other than that it is Fantastic, so I hope Father christmas delivers your on the 25th.

Will the Kampa Rally fit the Bailey Senator Wyoming??

The overall hieght of the van is 8ft 6". By my "very poor" math that makes it about 3 inches taller than the 2. 5m stated in the kampa awning info??

Any body fitted one to the Bailey Senator range?

Thanks.

Edit: Ive just realised the caravan overall hieght includes the TV aerial and is not the awning rail hieght, Kampa should fit fine.

Edited by yoyo

"Do/can the Kampa ones store in a bag attached to the awning rail like some of the cheaper ones? Or do they require threading through each time?

Ta."

Anyone?

Mine requires threading through each time, but I erect and dismantle mine easily on my own, OH helps if its a windy day.

Never seen a one that clips on the side in any of the Kampa literature.

Brianinhull

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blue '07 X Trail Aventura 2. 2dci, S7 Pageant Provence + Truma MK2 Original Mover, Blue Kampa Rally 390 Awning.

Hi, Any more reviews on the kampa 390 model? Im hoping farther christmas will bring me one!

Great value awning. had ours since March and used all the time. So easy and quick to put up.

Yes, in high winds there is the possibility that they will damage the side of the caravan just under the awning rail leaving small dents as the poles judder.

I was on the phone to a friend who I know uses one, and explaining my fears to him he dismissed them until he went to check his van and returned saying blow me you are right.

• 3 months later...

Yes, in high winds there is the possibility that they will damage the side of the caravan just under the awning rail leaving small dents as the poles judder.

I was on the phone to a friend who I know uses one, and explaining my fears to him he dismissed them until he went to check his van and returned saying blow me you are right.

Came across this post after searching for info on the Kampa.

Regarding the problem with dents - a simple solution might be to stick a small buffer at the points where the poles meet the side of the van?

Al

Interesting bit about possible damage to the side of the caravan. I've just bought a Kampa 260 from the Caravan show in Birmingham, but not used it yet. I bought it because it seems to be the best quality and sturdiest porch I've seen.

I also thought I'd make three pads out of some thin plywood and half inche foam, say 4 x 4 inche square then fix these at the end of the roof poles against the caravan.

This should stop any wind damage or dents, unless someone else has a better idea, or has already devised something which works even better, please let me know, and thanks

Lunar Ultima 560 towed by VW Tiguan 2. 0TDi

• 4 years later...

Thanks for the reviews. Earlier today we ordered a Kampa Rally Pro 260 (2014) from Broad Lane Leisure. they offered an excellent deal supported by very efficient customer service!

2012 VW Tiguan SE 4-Motion DSG 2. 0-litre TDi + 2014 Coachman VIP 520/4