Senator 6 Tv

I have a Bailey Wyoming which came with a flat screen TV complete with internal wiring and TV bracket fixed to the wall.

The only problem is that when watching the TV in bed you cant see the picture because of the angle of the screen on the wall bracket.

It actually needs an adjustable wall bracket and was wondering if Bailey have identified ths problem.

We have considered putting the TV on the work surface but this is impossible because of the internally fitted wiring. Any sugestions??

An angle bracket would do the trick as the picture does look very dark, I just turn the brightness up and its fine for me

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

I have a Bailey Wyoming which came with a flat screen TV complete with internal wiring and TV bracket fixed to the wall.

The only problem is that when watching the TV in bed you cant see the picture because of the angle of the screen on the wall bracket.

It actually needs an adjustable wall bracket and was wondering if Bailey have identified ths problem.

We have considered putting the TV on the work surface but this is impossible because of the internally fitted wiring. Any sugestions??

Hi mikey,

Have you contacted the Bailey Customer helpline as they maybe able to advise you on this. They may not even be aware of th problem yet and you will be bringing it to their attention,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

:) What can I say.

Bailey contacted me the following morning asking for my home adress. They are going to send me a tilting wall bracket.

How is that for service.

Once again another faultless service from Bailey.

Cant fault them.

So glad we chose a Bailey

M

Guest iancjc
:) What can I say.

Bailey contacted me the following morning asking for my home adress. They are going to send me a tilting wall bracket.

How is that for service.

Once again another faultless service from Bailey.

Cant fault them.

So glad we chose a Bailey

M

*****e - don't praise them for rectifying a fault that shouldn't have existed . .

how is that for service? well it's ok if they send a man with the bracket to fit it! (otherwise it's rubbish as they have the tiliting brackets and should have fitted it originally - or paid a few quid more for a tv with a decent horzontal viewing angle)

We have the same trouble, pity after all the trouble getting the tv sorted in the first place. :rolleyes:

Dunc.

Kia Sorento XS auto and Swift Conqueror 630.

They are going to send me a tilting wall bracket.

Got one on the way too :P

• 3 weeks later...
*****e - don't praise them for rectifying a fault that shouldn't have existed . .

how is that for service? well it's ok if they send a man with the bracket to fit it! (otherwise it's rubbish as they have the tiliting brackets and should have fitted it originally - or paid a few quid more for a tv with a decent horzontal viewing angle)

Dont be so hard on Bailey its not the problem that he's praising we all have niggles its the speed of the fix thats very impressive. I've worked in the motor trade all my live and service that bailey offer or in some cases at least they try to offer is excellent, in my opinion. Rob

Dont be so hard on Bailey its not the problem that he's praising we all have niggles its the speed of the fix thats very impressive. I've worked in the motor trade all my live and service that bailey offer or in some cases at least they try to offer is excellent, in my opinion. Rob

Sorry, disagree.

Quite obviously Bailey dont test or try out there equipment, but just nail it in so it looks nice.

They got it wrong and have admitted so, but in an industry like this surely they shouldnt of got it wrong in the first place.

Praising a company for rectifying their shoddy workmanship is rather amusing.

But as most, they have your money, who cares eh.

In Consilio Sapienta

tn_gallery_1122_263_6791.jpg

They got it wrong and have admitted so, but in an industry like this surely they shouldnt of got it wrong in the first place.

Yes they got it wrong and have admitted it!

Ford, Citroen, Saab, Vauxhall, etc. have all had recalls on their cars, for major problems. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

Bailey phoned me yesterday to say my bracket is in the post

• 2 weeks later...

This probably doesnt help much but the way I cured the fault of the poor TV position in the Wyoming was to buy the Louisiana, works a treat in there.

In terms of faults I could understand a design fault if only 5 vans of a particular model were made each year, but there are nearly 5 caravans of each model in my local dealer!! Bailey must make hundreds of the same van. They clearly never check the caravans out before building them there are so many basic faults. They do have a great customer service, it sounds like its the best in the industry but why not put all that effort into getting it right first time. Just a thought

TV in bed ?????

errr

still, I suppose if you are part of baby boomer generation, TV is all you need, I know sweeping generalisation,

But for us, as soon as our heads hit the pillow :P:D

Edited by flowergirl

This also comes down to the quality of the LCD panel that is used in the TV. The viewing angles on cheaper LCD TV are poor.

This does seem to be the case.

We had a supposedly £350 TV which came as a promo with the van which stood on a sideboard which was lower than a nomal worktop.

Unless we sat more or less upright directly in front of it, the picture was wishy washy.

If reclined on one of the seats the picture at times was un-viewable.

I got rid of it and bought a Sony 23" LCD TV (£350) which does not suffer from the same problems but there again Sony make proper TV's. ;)

Other than having a 12 volt option, cannot see why people would actually buy one.

Having an inbuilt DVD player would not be a good enough reason for me - picture quality is paramount. .

Edited by Griff

Living the dream, well more of a nightmare ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Discovery 4 Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

This probably doesnt help much but the way I cured the fault of the poor TV position in the Wyoming was to buy the Louisiana, works a treat in there.

In terms of faults I could understand a design fault if only 5 vans of a particular model were made each year, but there are nearly 5 caravans of each model in my local dealer!! Bailey must make hundreds of the same van. They clearly never check the caravans out before building them there are so many basic faults. They do have a great customer service, it sounds like its the best in the industry but why not put all that effort into getting it right first time. Just a thought

Hi Twin axle,

I will maintain 'til the day I die that the designers, of caravans, don't use them. If they do then they should be sacked for the basic design errors which they have designed into them, though I do appreciate that there are problems fitting such a lot into a small space that doesn't excuse some of the design howlers.

I wonder if Bailey will still provede TVs when the new Senator series is revealed? On a personal level I would always want to buy my own premium TV and the fact that the 'van is supplied with one would make me think that I was wasting money that's why we looked for a Pageant instead of a Senator,

Regards,

Ian.

Bailey Unicorn Vigo and a 2017 Ford S Max and a Mercedes SLK AMG Sport 9 speed, my mid life crisis solver.

Hi Twin axle,

I will maintain 'til the day I die that the designers, of caravans, don't use them. If they do then they should be sacked for the basic design errors which they have designed into them, though I do appreciate that there are problems fitting such a lot into a small space that doesn't excuse some of the design howlers.

I wonder if Bailey will still provede TVs when the new Senator series is revealed? On a personal level I would always want to buy my own premium TV and the fact that the 'van is supplied with one would make me think that I was wasting money that's why we looked for a Pageant instead of a Senator,

Regards,

Ian.

Hi Ian

Have to agree with you on all points.

We use a 22in LCD TV with an integrated DVD player, the faff with all the cables in the Senator was a complete pain.

Phil.

Light travels faster than sound, thats why some people appear bright, until you hear them speak.
Mine : Mercedes GLC 250d AMG, Lunar Clubman SB, Rockwood 5th Wheel Trailer, La Manga Spain.

Hi Twin axle,

Regards,

Ian.

Ian,

Agreed. ..

Although not sure the small space is an excuse though, if you are building caravans thats part of your product. Apparently on my front lounge the sofa on the right has three batterns, the one on the left has been "DESIGNED" with two so everytime you sit on it the frame pushes down into the area below. (and im not fat)

They didnt check the TV works thats for sure as when i got the van it was wired incorrectly and didnt work at all!

Anyway overall im not too unhappy, went to look at other makes last week and although they might be slightly better built i didnt like the colours and layouts etc, so im happy to stick withy my van. And as far as I can tell I have just about fixed all the issues now.

I asked the dealer recently about the TV's apparently they are giving out much smaller screens but they are slightly better quality. I was thinking similar to you what is the big difference between senator and pageant now, according to the delaer there are a few things but i am expecting Senator 7 to have a dishwasher fitted!!!!