Modification To Thetford Toilet

Bill Garner

I seem to remember reading somewhere about a modification to the drain tube on the pre 2007

Thetford toilet. As anyone who has this model in their 'van knows it is virtually impossible to

drain this after removing the rubber drain plug without getting water everywhere. I notice that they have

reverted to a drain hose similat to the original cassette on the latest models.

Has anyone got the answer?

Volvo XC90/Swift Challenger

To fully drain the flush tank on Thetford C-200 series - just pump virtually all the contents into the holding tank, via the bowl, in the conventional way and then remove the rubber bung and drain the remainder, only a few cc, into an old margerine tub. Don't forget to empty the holding tank.

I've done it that way for winterisation every year without any problem.

Hi Bill, I don't know if this helps but there is a drain tube fitted to the new 250 series Thetford toilet, this may fit the 200 series, but there has already been a mod to the new fitting, the problem with the new fitting is the bung in the end did'nt fit correctly so they modified the bung, so maybe this tube arrangement would fit the 200 series, but you would need to get one with the modification. Hope that makes sense.

Skegness 'The Sunnier Side of Britain'

Hi Bill, I don't know if this helps but there is a drain tube fitted to the new 250 series Thetford toilet, this may fit the 200 series, but there has already been a mod to the new fitting, the problem with the new fitting is the bung in the end did'nt fit correctly so they modified the bung, so maybe this tube arrangement would fit the 200 series, but you would need to get one with the modification. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks Metz, I have obtained the tube for the new series, unfortunately the fitting into the toilet casing is a much

larger diameter than the original bung. Thasnks anywaqy for your interest.

Volvo XC90/Swift Challenger